Philo launches multichannel live TV streaming in the US for $16/monthTuesday, November 14th, 2017
Philo Launches First Entertainment-Focused Live TV Streaming Service Priced at $16
- Features Top Channels from A+E Networks, AMC Networks, Discovery, Scripps Networks Interactive and Viacom
SAN FRANCISCO — Philo, a television technology company, today announced the nationwide launch of the first-ever streaming television service featuring live TV, DVR, and on-demand services, focused on entertainment, lifestyle and knowledge programming. The new service, priced at $16 per month, includes 35+ of the top cable channels and can be viewed wherever you are in the U.S., on TVs, computers, tablets and phones. An additional nine channels can be added for just $4 more per month.
Philo will carry content from leading programming groups, including A+E Networks, AMC Networks, Discovery, Scripps Networks, and Viacom with top-rated channels including A&E, AMC, Animal Planet, AXS TV, BBC America, Cheddar, Comedy Central, Discovery Channel, Food Network, GSN, HGTV, HISTORY, Investigation Discovery (ID), IFC, Lifetime, MTV, Nickelodeon, TLC, Travel Channel, and more.*
Built on groundbreaking technology, Philo includes powerful features and functionality at no additional cost, including:
- Watch on up to three different devices at the same time;
- Seven-day free trial that you can start in seconds with just a phone number;
- The freedom to watch the way you want with an unlimited 30-day DVR, a deep on-demand library, plus the ability to pause any live channel, start programs from the beginning, and watch programs that have aired in the past three days;
- Streamlined interface, intelligent search, and easy but powerful functionality to save and follow your favorite shows;
- And coming soon, Philo will integrate a social platform that connects you with your friends and family to discover new content, effortlessly share your favorite shows, and watch shows together.
“Our goal at Philo is to build a television service that people love as much as they love their favorite shows. We’re constantly looking for ways we can improve the experience because at the end of the day, we’re also building Philo for ourselves,” said Andrew McCollum, Philo CEO. “We started delivering streaming television at universities six years ago, and we’ve taken all of the unique insight we gained about this new generation of TV watchers in order to build a unique product and content package at an incredible value.”
At launch, Philo supports web browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari), Roku devices, an iOS app, and Android via Chrome (app coming soon) with more platforms to come.
* The Philo channel lineup is below.
● A&E ● Lifetime ● AMC ● Lifetime Movies ● Animal Planet ● MTV ● AXS TV ● MTV2 ● BBC America ● Nickelodeon ● BBC World News ● Nick Jr. ● BET ● OWN ● Cheddar ● Science ● CMT ● Spike ● Comedy Central ● Sundance Channel ● Discovery Channel ● TeenNick ● DIY ● TLC ● Food Network ● Travel Channel ● FYI ● TV Land ● GSN ● Velocity ● HGTV ● VH1 ● History ● Viceland ● IFC ● We TV ● Investigation Discovery (ID)
● American Heroes Channel ● BET Her ● Cooking Channel ● Destination America ● Discovery Family ● Discovery Life ● Logo ● MTV Live ● Nicktoons