CBS All Access now available on Amazon ChannelsFriday, January 5th, 2018
Amazon Prime Members Can Now Add CBS All Access’ Commercial-free Plan to Their Prime Membership with Amazon Channels
- CBS All Access Offers Full Seasons of Current Primetime, Daytime and Late Night CBS Shows, CBS Classics, Plus Live Streaming of Local CBS Stations and CBS All Access Original Series like “Star Trek: Discovery” and More
NEW YORK, N.Y. and SEATTLE, Wash. — CBS All Access, CBS’ digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service, and Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) today launched the ability for Amazon Prime members to add CBS All Access’ commercial-free* offering to their Prime membership with Amazon Channels.
“CBS All Access on Amazon Channels offers a seamless way for Amazon Prime members to get all the benefits of CBS All Access, including their favorite CBS shows plus premium original series like STAR TREK: DISCOVERY, NO ACTIVITY and THE GOOD FIGHT,” said Rob Gelick, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Digital Platforms, CBS Interactive Entertainment. “As the first Amazon Channels partner to offer a linear feed of a subscriber’s local broadcast station in addition to video on demand, we’re thrilled to bring live programming to Prime members.”
“CBS has produced some of the most popular shows in television history – they have a fantastic selection of hit series,” said Greg Hart, Vice President, Amazon Video. “Amazon Prime members can now add CBS All Access to their Prime membership and watch the latest episodes of critically-acclaimed series, sports programming and award shows. We’re thrilled to work with CBS to bring their cutting-edge content to Amazon Prime members with Amazon Channels.”
For an additional $9.99 a month, Prime members will have access to:
- More than 10,000 commercial-free episodes on demand, including current primetime, late night and daytime CBS shows in addition to CBS classics like “Star Trek,” “Cheers,” “Medium” and more.
- Full building seasons of all current CBS primetime series such as THE BIG BANG THEORY, YOUNG SHELDON, NCIS and SCORPION.
- All past seasons of 14 hit CBS series including “The Good Wife,” NCIS and HAWAII FIVE-0.
- A live stream of their local CBS station, including NFL on CBS programming and specials like THE 60th ANNUAL GRAMMY® AWARDS and THE ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS.
- Access to the service’s original series including STAR TREK: DISCOVERY, THE GOOD FIGHT and NO ACTIVITY, as well as upcoming originals $1, STRANGE ANGEL, THE TWILIGHT ZONE and others.
- Prime members in the U.S. will be able to watch CBS All Access across more than 600 devices on the Prime Video app for TVs, game consoles, set top boxes, including Apple TV, and connected devices, including Amazon Fire TV, mobile devices and online.
In addition to the commercial-free plan, CBS All Access’ limited commercial plan ($5.99/month) will also be available to Prime members in the coming months.
* CBS All Access‘ live-streaming offering of local CBS Television stations will continue to feature the same commercials as the over-the-air broadcast, and select on-demand shows will include promotional interruptions.