NOVATEK and Vewd partner to create turnkey smart TV platformTuesday, January 8th, 2019
Built on Vewd OS, the partnership brings control and differentiation, while solving content challenges and hybrid TV hurdles
LAS VEGAS — Vewd, the world’s largest independent provider of OTT software, today partnered with NOVATEK, one of the world’s premier chipset design companies, to enable Vewd OS on chipsets powering Linux-based smart TVs.
Adding Vewd OS, the leading independent smart TV OS, to NOVATEK chipsets provides manufacturers (OEMs) with a pre-integrated Smart TV OS containing the most requested advanced smart TV features. These features which significantly reduce CapEx and time-to-market are:
- A fully customizable or turnkey Smart TV user experience (allowing OEMs to differentiate their offering)
- A full catalog of must-have global and regional streaming apps
- The industry’s leading support for hybrid TV technology, including HbbTV 2 and ATSC 3
- A state-of-the-art Electronic Programming Guide (EPG), integrating live broadcast or OTT streaming. The EPG is further enriched with both broadcast and OTT metadata and supports critical features such as “start-over” and “catch-up”
- Extensive platform data and analytics available through Vewd Cloud, providing OEMs complete access to critical customer data
- Robust device management capabilities through a single, integrated cloud interface
- Modern monetization features to capture existing and emerging after-sale revenue streams
Both NOVATEK and Vewd provide OEMs with world-class features while ensuring the independence and platform flexibility they won’t find with other OS vendors. From this perspective, Vewd OS is completely customizable by the OEM so they can truly differentiate their platforms in the market.
“Vewd OS has been designed to put the manufacturer back in control,” said Aneesh Rajaram, CEO, Vewd. “By collaborating closely with NOVATEK to pre-integrate Vewd OS, this control comes without compromise. Manufacturers can advance their own brand while offering consumers a world-leading smart TV OS.”