MediaKind to debut Universe portfolio at NAB Show 2019Monday, March 18th, 2019
MediaKind Welcomes New Era of TV with the Debut of its Universe Portfolio at NAB Show 2019
- MediaKind will guide visitors on a unique journey of discovery through its Universe, an invigorated portfolio of optimized and consumer centric solutions rooted in its industry-renowned technology
- Company to highlight latest SaaS capabilities within its cloud-based TV platform, MediaFirst; the evolution of its IPTV-based Mediaroom platform; and enhancements for all-IP, OTT and UHD/HDR delivery
- MediaKind to present its industry-leading 360-degree immersive media technology as-a-Service through recreation of collaborative live sports event which took place in December 2018
PLANO, Texas — At NAB Show 2019 MediaKind, a global media technology leader, promises to take its booth visitors (#SU720) on an adventure of exploration through the MediaKind Universe, its next-generation solution and service portfolio. The MediaKind Universe enables content owners and originators, broadcasters and pay TV operators to efficiently deliver unique, immersive experiences that meet a variety of consumer demands and drive experience innovation.
Angel Ruiz, CEO, MediaKind, says: “This will be our first NAB Show as MediaKind. We are looking forward to demonstrating the full scope of the MediaKind Universe portfolio and show how our innovations and partnerships are responding to consumer demands, especially in immersive live viewing through our latest innovations in 360O video delivery. As we rapidly move into a mobile-first world, we are committed to helping our customers reach their potential by delivering high quality immersive media experiences for everyone, everywhere.”
At the center of the MediaKind Universe is the consumer. Visitors will see demonstrations of new solutions and services across five defined areas of the universe, each addressing a specific trajectory with how content is delivered to the consumer and manifest in the real world as defined media workflows:
- Orion – Immersive and compelling consumer experiences through the advancement of Media Platforms, Content Discovery, Targeted Advertising, Content Rights Distribution and actionable insights via end-to-end analytics. Delivering the as-a-Service capabilities across consumer applications
- Pictor – Optimizing Storage and Delivery enabling Catch Up & Cloud DVR and true optimization across the entire AV pipe whilst ensuring that content is available on any screen, any device at the highest quality
- Aquila – Efficient, optimal-quality processing for all screens, delivering broadcast quality OTT, operationally efficient headends, and ATSC 3.0 propositions
- Cygnus – Ensuring quality content is delivered securely across Contribution and Primary Distribution networks, leveraging applicable standards and the benefits of Cloud deployment
- Vega – Ensuring a smooth implementation and operation of the MediaKind Universe solutions as well as demonstrating how value is created in the ‘as-a-Service’ model.
Visitors to the booth will discover MediaKind’s latest innovations in advertising and distribution rights; recent developments in optimized end-to-end media delivery; new advances for all-IP, OTT and UHD/HDR delivery; and its SaaS capabilities through recent advances within Linear and On Demand processing, cloud-based TV platform, MediaFirst, and IPTV Mediaroom platform. The company will also recreate a multi-partner, collaborative proof of concept demonstration, which saw companies including Deutsche Telekom, TiledMedia and Magnum Film enable the world’s first multi-channel 6K 360-degree live sports event during a basketball match in Germany in December 2018 to an audience of real-world consumers.