Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 millionTuesday, February 11th, 2020
Tubi Announces Record Growth For 2019
- Total View Time (TVT) rocketed to over 163 million hours watched in December alone – with year-over-year TVT growing by 160%
- Monthly Active Users (MAU) grew to 25 million
- Canada and Australia saw a combined 357% growth in 2019, ahead of planned 2020 launches in Mexico and UK
- Company increases headcount by 78% in 2019 and will rapidly grow team in 2020
- Tubi will accelerate content spending to exceed nine figures in 2020 to further expand current library of over 20,000 movies and television series
SAN FRANCISCO — Tubi, the world’s largest free ad-supported video on demand (AVOD) service, today announced record growth for 2019. In December alone, the company saw its Monthly Active Users (MAU) grow to 25 million and Total View Time (TVT) rocket to over 163 million hours watched – a year-over-year TVT increase of 160%(1). In addition, the company will accelerate its content spending in 2020 to exceed nine figures to further expand its current library of content from major studios, indies, and TV producers from around the globe. Tubi presently works with over 250 content partners which include Warner Bros., Paramount, and Lionsgate.
The company saw rapid growth internationally. Year-over-year in Canada and Australia, there was a 357% increase in TVT – and in the coming year Tubi will launch in additional territories including Mexico and the UK. Recently, Tubi announced a partnership with one of the largest broadcasters in Mexico – TV Azteca – to provide Spanish language content, which includes their most popular series and advertising sales support. Tubi also announced a global deal with one of the world’s largest manufacturers of TVs – Hisense – to prominently include Tubi as part of their Vidaa platform.
In 2019, Tubi increased its headcount to over 229 full-time employees, an increase of 78% versus 2018. The company will rapidly add more employees in the coming year as Tubi continues its expansion both domestically and internationally.
“Our growth over the last year is a clear testament to the success of our focused strategy in a now-cluttered marketplace,” said Farhad Massoudi, CEO of Tubi. “We’re excited people globally have embraced Tubi as a complement to subscription video and aim to deliver an even larger library of premium content in 2020.”
Tubi is available on Android and iOS mobile devices, Amazon Echo Show, Google Nest Hub Max, Comcast Xfinity X1, Cox Contour, and on OTT devices such as Amazon Fire TV, Vizio TVs, Sony TVs, Samsung TVs, Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast, Android TV, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4, and soon on Hisense TVs globally.
1. MAU was computed using the number of unique devices that interacted with the Tubi app. This figure does not include any co-viewing or other calculations. In addition, MAU and TVT are based on interactions with only Tubi branded applications and does not include embedded players or clips.