Digital TV News: 'du'
du teams up with Amazon Prime Video
Oct 18, 2018 – du has signed a distribution agreement with Amazon Prime Video to offer du customers even greater choice in video content. The announcement was made during GITEX Technology Week 2018, where the telco is showcasing its advanced technologies.
News categories: 'du', Prime Video, Fahad Al Hassawi, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, UAE
Pay TV spending spree in Middle East and North Africa
Apr 11, 2017 – The pay TV market in the Middle East and North Africa saw record growth in 2016 despite harsh economic conditions, according to IHS Markit. Pay TV households topped the five million mark for the first time in the region’s history.
News categories: IHS Markit, Constantinos Papavassilopoulos, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Subscribers
du launches its TV service on Apple TV
Nov 17, 2016 – du has announced the launch of its TV service on Apple TV through their TV app, du View. du Home customers can get Apple TV and enjoy over 200 live TV channels in addition to hours of TV shows, kids content and movies from du.
News categories: 'du', Apple, Fahad Al Hassawi, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, UAE
Nokia and du demonstrate 4K 3D 360 VR using 5G-ready network
Oct 16, 2016 – Nokia and UAE-based telecommunications service provider du, used Nokia AirScale Radio Access to showcase 360 degree virtual reality (VR) video streaming for the first time in the Middle East at GITEX 2016 in Dubai.
News categories: Nokia, 'du', Bernard Najm, Saleem AlBlooshi, 5G, UAE, VR
Omantel to offer IPTV based on du's technology platform
Oct 21, 2015 – du has announced that it has signed an IPTV partnership agreement with Omantel, Oman’s largest telecom operator. Through the tie up, Omantel will be able to launch IPTV in its local market using du’s IPTV platform.
News categories: 'du', Omantel, Osman Sultan, Talal Said Marhoon Al Mamari, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Oman
du to provide Akamai CDN services to Saudi Arabia's Selevision
Jan 21, 2015 – du and Akamai have announced that Selevision has selected the companies’ content delivery services to support over-the-top delivery of its channels throughout the MENA region. du will provide CDN services from Akamai to Selevision.
News categories: Akamai, 'du', Selevision, Soeren Lindkvist, Fahad Al Hassawi, Dr. Raed Khusheim, Content Distribution, OTT, Saudi Arabia
du to deploy Nokia IMS to enhance multimedia services
Jun 18, 2014 – du has signed a contract with Nokia to deploy its IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS). With the deployment, du’s customers will soon enjoy enhanced multimedia services such as HD voice, HD video, file sharing and instant messaging.
News categories: Nokia, 'du', Saleem Al Balooshi, Tony Awad, Content Distribution, IPTV, UAE
du first to launch 3D TV for all its customers in the MENA region
Jun 1, 2010 – du has become the first company in the MENA region to offer 3D TV for all its customers. All du TV customers can now watch 3D TV on channel 699 under the basic TV package.
News categories: 'du', Digital TV, IPTV, UAE, VR
du TV lines increased 28% yoy to 74,700 at end-2009
Feb 24, 2010 – Emirates Integrated Telecommunications ('du') has announced full year results to 31 December 2009. IPTV subscribers increased by 6,026 in the final quarter of 2009 to reach 74,700 at year end.
News categories: 'du', IPTV, Results, Subscribers, UAE
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs