Digital TV News: 'du'
Emirates Mobile TV consortium granted DVB-H licence for the UAE
Oct 24, 2009 – The Telecommunications Regulatory Authority has agreed to grant a license to the Emirates Mobile Television Corporation consortium to provide DVB-H mobile TV broadcasting services for 10 years in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
News categories: Telecommunications Regulatory Authority, Digital TV, Mobile, Regulation, UAE
Motorola supplies du with latest IPTV Set-top Boxes
Oct 18, 2009 – Motorola (NYSE: MOT) has announced that its Home & Networks Mobility business has supplied UAE telecommunications provider, du, with state-of-the-art VIP series IPTV set-top boxes.
News categories: Motorola, 'du', Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UAE
du TV+ to launch in UAE with Microsoft Mediaroom
Jul 15, 2009 – du plans to launch high-definition IP television services in the UAE next month. The new 'du TV+' service is powered by Microsoft Mediaroom, and features digital recording and VoD, as well as HDTV.
News categories: Microsoft, 'du', Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Subscribers, UAE
UAE's du invests AED 100 Million to upgrade network infrastructure
May 31, 2009 – du, the UAE's integrated telecom service provider, has upgraded its IP-based core network to 40 Gbps. For residential customers, this upgrade will enable du to offer IPTV with enhanced capabilities like HD, VoD and instant channel change.
News categories: 'du', Content Distribution, Fibre, IPTV, UAE
Latens secures du IPTV service as it grows to 50,000 subscribers
Oct 30, 2008 – Latens has announced that the 'du' IPTV service, secured by Latens IPCAS, has grown to over 50,000 subscribers. UAE-based du offers an innovative, multilingual IPTV service catering to the tastes of different nationalities and cultures.
News categories: Latens, 'du', Conditional Access, Digital TV, IPTV, Subscribers, UAE, Video Exchange
Alcatel-Lucent becomes supplier and network integrator of IPTV solution for du in UAE
Nov 12, 2007 – Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) has announced that it has signed a frame agreement with du, the UAE's second telecom operator, for its upcoming Internet protocol television (IPTV) deployment based on the award-winning Microsoft Mediaroom IPTV and multimedia platform.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Microsoft, 'du', Olivier Picard, Christine Heckart, Osman Sultan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, UAE
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers
- NLogic and TVbeat bring holistic TV ad management to Canada
- Netflix, Hulu user numbers fell as COVID-19 measures were relaxed