Digital TV News: 1&1
Competition authorities approve Tamedia investment in Zattoo
Apr 2, 2019 – In August 2018 Tamedia announced that it intended to increase its holding in Zattoo to over 50%. Following their examination, the Swiss Federal Competition Commission (COMCO) and the Federal Cartel Office of Germany have approved Tamedia’s majority interest.
News categories: Zattoo, Tamedia, Bea Knecht, Nick Brambring, Samuel Hügli, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, MnA, Regulation, Switzerland
MX1 provides content aggregation for 1&1's cloud TV
Feb 13, 2018 – MX1 has announced that it is providing content aggregation for a number of channels from 1&1's newest TV offerings. As Germany's first fully cloud-based TV service, 1&1 offers its DSL customers HD television via the Internet.
News categories: MX1, 1&1, Christoph Mühleib, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV
1&1 launches multiscreen IPTV in Germany with ABOX42
Jan 8, 2018 – ABOX42 has announced that 1&1, a tier 1 internet and telephone service provider in Germany, has launched a multiscreen IPTV service powered by ABOX42’s M30-Series smart STB platform.
News categories: ABOX42, 1&1, Matthias Greve, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Mobile, Set Top Box
Germany's 1&1 launches IPTV service
Jan 29, 2015 – German ISP 1&1 has begun to re-sell Deutsche Telekom's Entertain IPTV service to its VDSL broadband customers. The service 'Digital TV - provided by Telekom' has been available since January 20th, 2015.
News categories: 1&1, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV
Winbox Technologies AG closing equity financing with leading German Venture Capital company TVM Capital
Jun 11, 2008 – Winbox Technologies has announced the closure of the first institutional equity financing round with lead-investor TVM Capital and angel-entrepreneur Robert Schneider, founder and longstanding CEO of publicly listed SCM Microsystems.
News categories: Winbox, TVM Capital, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Software, Venture Capital
Intellon Announces 12 Service Providers Worldwide Now Deploying Intellon HomePlug® ICs for IPTV Applications
Jan 2, 2007 – Intellon has announced that 12 service providers in Europe and Asia are now using Intellon™'s HomePlug ICs for in-home IPTV distribution.
News categories: Intellon, Digital TV, France, Hong Kong, Iceland, IPTV, Korea, Poland, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Taiwan
- IBC launches virtual event: IBC Showcase
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Safaricom launches Android TV streaming box
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions