Digital TV News: 21st Century Fox
Enea Openwave optimizes Apple TV+ streaming
Nov 5, 2019 – Enea (Stockholm: ENEA) has announced that Enea Openwave has successfully optimized Apple TV+ over mobile networks, using its traffic management technology. Algorithms were used to dynamically optimize Apple’s encrypted video content to deliver a higher quality viewing experience.
News categories: Enea, Indranil Chatterjee, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, QoE, Worldwide
Demand for Netflix Originals set to overtake licensed titles in the U.S.
Dec 13, 2018 – Research by Parrot Analytics and Kagan shows support for one of Netflix's most important strategic goals. According to the report, demand for Netflix Originals is estimated to overtake the share of demand for licensed titles by October 2019.
News categories: S&P Global, Parrot Analytics, Deana Myers, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
21st Century Fox invests $100m in social broadcasting platform Caffeine
Sep 5, 2018 – 21st Century Fox (21CF) and Caffeine have announced that 21CF has led a round of funding for social broadcasting platform, Caffeine. 21CF has invested a combined $100 million in Caffeine and a newly formed venture called Caffeine Studios.
News categories: 21st Century Fox, Caffeine, Lachlan Murdoch, Ben Keighran, Digital TV, OTT, Social TV, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Disney and 21st Century Fox agree $38-per-share acquisition deal
Jun 20, 2018 – The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) has announced that it has signed an amended acquisition agreement with Twenty-First Century Fox (NASDAQ: FOXA, FOX) for $38 per share in cash and stock.
News categories: Walt Disney Company, 21st Century Fox, Robert A. Iger, Digital TV, Europe, MnA, Satellite, USA, Worldwide
Comcast considering superior all-cash offer to acquire 21st Century Fox
May 23, 2018 – Comcast has confirmed that it is in the advanced stages of preparing an offer for the businesses that Fox has agreed to sell to Disney. Any offer for Fox would be all-cash and at a premium to the value of the current offer from Disney.
News categories: Comcast, 21st Century Fox, Disney, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, MnA, Satellite, USA
FOX, Ericsson, Intel and AT&T stream 2018 U.S. Open in 4K over 5G
May 15, 2018 – FOX Sports, in cooperation with the Fox Innovation Lab and partners Ericsson, Intel and AT&T, will use 5G technology to stream 4K video over 5G for potential broadcast nationwide at this year’s 118th U.S. Open Championship on June 14-17.
News categories: FOX Sports, Ericsson, Intel Corp, AT&T, 21st Century Fox, Michael Davies, Niklas Heuveldop, Asha Keddy, Melissa Arnoldi, Danny Kaye, 5G, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
Consumer entertainment spending to reach $439 billion by 2021
Apr 12, 2018 – In 2017, global consumer expenditure on entertainment content (video, games and music) worldwide continued to climb. By 2021, this spend is set to reach US$439 billion globally, a 17% increase from 2017, according to Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Tristan Veale, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
The Walt Disney Company to acquire Twenty-First Century Fox
Dec 14, 2017 – The Walt Disney Company and Twenty-First Century Fox have announced that they have entered into an agreement for Disney to acquire 21st Century Fox, including the Twentieth Century Fox Film and Television studios, along with cable and international TV businesses.
News categories: Walt Disney, Twenty-First Century Fox, Robert A. Iger, Orin C. Smith, Rupert Murdoch, Digital TV, MnA, Satellite, Worldwide
Deutsche Telekom's EntertainTV adds UHD, Netflix and exclusive series
Sep 1, 2017 – Deutsche Telekom is massively expanding its EntertainTV entertainment offering. Besides technological improvements to the media receiver to support UHD and direct access to Netflix, Deutsche Telekom is also increasing the range of content on offer.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Michael Hagspihl, Digital TV, Germany, IFA2019, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware