Digital TV News: 3SS
Broadpeak video delivery added to 3SS entertainment ecosystem
Jun 25, 2020 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that Broadpeak is bringing its video delivery software solutions, including its server-side controlled ABR streaming solution, to 3SS's 3READY Entertainment Ecosystem.
News categories: 3SS, Broadpeak, Pierre Donath, Jacques Le Mancq, Android TV, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
3SS and Technicolor upgrade Com Hem Tv Hub to Android P
Jun 4, 2020 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) and Technicolor Connected Home announce their continued partnership with Tele2 as its Com Hem Tv Hub service upgrades to Android P. Com Hem Group merged with Tele2 in November 2018.
News categories: Technicolor, 3SS, Com Hem, Mercedes Pastor, Kai-Christian Borchers, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Sweden
SUPER RTL launches TOGGO Fire TV app with 3SS
Apr 17, 2020 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced being selected by Germany’s SUPER RTL for the launch of TOGGO, its AVOD kids’ service. By taking advantage of the 3SS 3READY Framework, the initial phase of the TOGGO rollout was completed within six months.
News categories: 3 Screen Solutions, SUPER RTL, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, OTT
Altibox selects Technicolor set-top box for Android TV services
Feb 26, 2020 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH, OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that Altibox is to deploy its high-end Android TV JADE set-to box. Technicolor is partnering with 3SS who have been chosen by Altibox to optimize the viewing experience for new Android TV services.
News categories: Technicolor, Altibox, 3SS, Christian Lefebvre, Tor Morten Osmundsen, Pierre Donath, Android TV, Denmark, Digital TV, IPTV, Norway, Set Top Box, UX
3READY Android TV from 3SS powers Proximus Pickx
Dec 20, 2019 – 3SS has announced that Proximus has selected its 3READY Android TV solution for the recent launch of Proximus Pickx, an IPTV service. Proximus Pickx, Europe’s first Android P based TV project, had its pilot launch in October.
News categories: 3SS, Proximus, Kai-Christian Borchers, Thierry Demoor, Android TV, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
Dec 6, 2019 – 3SS, with Media Distillery and XroadMedia, has created an end-to-end video experience platform which enables Android TV providers to make Linear-on-Demand (LoD) a reality. LoD collects and curates video assets from a diverse range of sources and assembles them in a personalized linear experience.
News categories: 3SS, Media Distillery, XroadMedia, Kai-Christian Borchers, Roland Sars, Tom Dvorak, Android TV, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
TCC chooses 3SS for Android TV+multiscreen service in Uruguay
Nov 1, 2019 – 3SS has been chosen by TCC to help develop a new TV service to launch in 2020. The service will be powered by 3READY Android TV + Multiscreen, 3SS’ front end and UI framework featuring an Android TV Custom Launcher STB.
News categories: 3SS, TCC, Kai-Christian Borchers, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, Uruguay, UX
Harmonic, with Google and 3SS, creates live sports workflow on Android TV
Sep 12, 2019 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT), in collaboration with Google and 3SS, has created an integrated OTT and broadcast live sports workflow on Android TV, delivering features such as picture-in-picture, multi-view and personalized mosaic.
News categories: Harmonic, 3SS, Shahar Bar, Pierre Donath, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2020, UX
3SS and castLabs partner on Android TV integration
Sep 10, 2019 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) and castLabs have announced a partnership to provide a smooth Android TV integration service to their customers. The companies have been collaborating for over a year to help service providers enjoy the benefits of Android TV.
News categories: 3SS, castLabs, Pierre Donath, Bojan Jovanović, Android TV, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2020, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs