Digital TV News: ABOX42
ABOX42 integrates STBs with HTML5 TV middleware from Singularity
Feb 6, 2018 – ABOX42 has announced an expanded partnership with Singularity. With its smart STB platform, ABOX42 provides pay-TV operators with a hardware and software platform that is integrated with HTML5-based TV middleware from Singularity.
News categories: ABOX42, Singularity, Comwave, Matthias Greve, Matt Ailts, Canada, Digital TV, HTML5, Latin America, Middleware, MWC19, North America, Set Top Box
1&1 launches multiscreen IPTV in Germany with ABOX42
Jan 8, 2018 – ABOX42 has announced that 1&1, a tier 1 internet and telephone service provider in Germany, has launched a multiscreen IPTV service powered by ABOX42’s M30-Series smart STB platform.
News categories: ABOX42, 1&1, Matthias Greve, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Mobile, Set Top Box
Comwave selects ABOX42 set-top box platform
Sep 29, 2017 – ABOX42 has announced that Comwave, Canada’s largest independent communications company, has selected ABOX42 M30-Series Smart Set-Top Box platform for its new ComwaveTV service which launched on September 25th.
News categories: ABOX42, Comwave, Matthias Greve, Yuval Barzakay, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
Kabel-TV Lampert turns to Zattoo and ABOX42 for DVB-C/IP hybrid TV
May 30, 2017 – The Austrian cable network operator Kabel-TV Lampert has chosen a DVB-C/IP hybrid TV solution from Zattoo. In autumn this year, Kabel-TV Lampert will launch a TV product that combines live TV delivered as DVB-C with IPTV services such as ReStart, Catch-up TV and Cloud-Recording.
News categories: Zattoo, Kabel-TV Lampert, ABOX42, Gernot Jaeger, Karoline Lampert, ANGA COM, Austria, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Cable STBs dominated the global set-top box market in 2015
Nov 23, 2016 – According to the latest market research study released by Technavio, the global set-top-box market is expected to generate revenues close to $14 billion during the forecast period 2016-2020.
News categories: Technavio, Ujjwal P Doshi, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Worldwide
VSE NET chooses Zattoo to provide its schlau.com IPTV service
Nov 14, 2016 – German network operator VSE NET has chosen Zattoo as the provider of its Multiscreen IPTV service under the brand schlau.com. The service is completely hosted and managed by Zattoo.
News categories: Zattoo, VSE NET, ABOX42, Gernot Jaeger, Michael Leidinger, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Mobile, Set Top Box
ABOX42 to unveil STB with built-in Smart Home Gateway at IBC 2016
Aug 17, 2016 – ABOX42 will unveil at IBC 2016 its Smart STB platform M30 with a built-in Smart Home Gateway, developed for advanced operator projects worldwide. With the new M30 SmartSTB the operator can combine classical TV services with new Smart Home services.
News categories: ABOX42, Matthias Greve, Digital TV, IBC2019, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
PerceptionTV and ABOX42 partner for end-to-end solution
May 31, 2016 – PerceptionTV and ABOX42 have jointly developed a complete IPTV/OTT hardware and software solution. The Perception platform pre-integrated into ABOX42's M Series smart set-top-box offers operators a fast track solution to launch multiscreen services.
News categories: ABOX42, PerceptionTV, Matthias Greve, John Mills, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ABOX42 STB platform selected for M-net multiscreen IPTV service
Mar 22, 2016 – ABOX42 has announced that M-net has selected the ABOX42 M20-Series Smart Set-Top Box platform for its new IPTV service 'M-net TVplus' which will be deployed over M-net Fiber in the South of Germany.
News categories: ABOX42, M-net, Matthias Greve, Thomas Bichlmeir, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Mobile, Set Top Box
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware