Digital TV News: ACCESS CO.
ACCESS CO. and EKT integrate the NetRange Application Store
Sep 13, 2019 – ACCESS CO. and EKT have announced that they are extending their partnership to integrate the NetRange Application Store, a widely deployed Smart TV store with a worldwide catalogue of thousands of apps, to deliver next generation TV and OTT consumer experiences.
News categories: ACCESS CO, EKT, Netrange, Dr. Neale Foster, Richard Smith, Apps, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box
Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
Aug 19, 2019 – ACCESS is acquiring from Viacom (VIMN) the right to make linear feeds of MTV, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon available in German-language for integration into in-car infotainment systems being developed by German car manufacturers.
News categories: ACCESS CO., Viacom, Dr Neale Foster, Raffaele Annecchino, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, In-Car, Middleware
ACCESS acquires NetRange
Apr 16, 2019 – ACCESS Europe has acquired NetRange. The acquisition guarantees that the company’s customers will be able to deploy solutions spanning the entire connected entertainment portfolio inside the home, on-the-go and in connected vehicles.
News categories: ACCESS CO, NetRange, Dr. Neale Foster, Jan Wendt, Digital TV, In-Car, MnA, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
ACCESS CO and Irdeto partner to safeguard in-car data and services
Jan 8, 2019 – ACCESS CO. and Irdeto are partnering to safeguard in-car data and services. Vehicle connectivity can result in increased security threats. Infotainment systems could allow access to other connected components, rendering the vehicle's control systems open to attack.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Irdeto, Dr. Neale Foster, Niels Haverkorn, CES2020, Content Protection, In-Car, Worldwide
ACCESS TV browser selected for Panasonic 4K CATV STB in Japan
Oct 22, 2018 – ACCESS CO. has announced that its browser for televisions has been selected by Panasonic for its CATV digital set-top box models that support the new 4K satellite broadcasting services set to start in December 2018.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Panasonic, Cable TV, Digital TV, HTML5, Japan, Set Top Box
ACCESS browser selected for Panasonic Blu-ray recorder with 4K satellite
Sep 20, 2018 – ACCESS CO. has announced that its NetFront Browser BE v2 DTV Profile has been selected by Panasonic for its DIGA Blu-ray disc recorder with built-in 4K tuner (DMR-SUZ2060), to be released on the Japanese market.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Panasonic, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Japan, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
ACCESS, DTVKit, EKT and HiSilicon launch customisable STB platform
Sep 11, 2018 – ACCESS, DTVKit, EKT and HiSilicon have announced the launch of a complete customizable platform that enables operators and middleware companies to design any service for any content, delivered to the household TV. The platform will make its debut at IBC.
News categories: ACCESS CO, DTVKit, EKT, HiSilicon, Dr. Neale Foster, Phil Evans, Richard Smith, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ACCESS and Foxxum provide UX solution for AOSP smart TVs
Sep 10, 2018 – ACCESS and Foxxum have announced a collaboration to offer UIs for services based on Linux for Android Open Source Project (AOSP). The solution enables operators to offer smart TV UXs that rival Android TV and proprietary solutions.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Foxxum, Dr Neale Foster, Ronny Lutzi, Android TV, Digital TV, HTML5, IBC2019, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
ACCESS and Castoola collaborate on combined HbbTV solution
Sep 7, 2018 – ACCESS and Castoola have announced a collaboration to provide broadcasters and operators with a future-proofed HbbTV solution. The joint offering consists of the Castoola HbbTV platform combined with ACCESS’ NetFront Browser BE.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Castoola, Dr Neale Foster, Filip Remškar, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, IBC2019, Worldwide
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform
- Sinclair Broadcast adopts Qligent Vision Compliance Monitoring and Analysis
- Comscore reports surge in U.S. in-home data usage
- Limelight adds serverless computing to its edge services platform
- Disney+ rolls out in Europe
- TV panel shipments decreased 3.5% M-o-M in February
- Connected TV landscape is shifting away from paid subscriptions