Digital TV News: ADB
Telenor deploys pay TV system from ADB
Sep 13, 2019 – ADB has announced that Telenor has started to deploy ADB’s graphyne2 pay TV system to all subscribers connected to Telenor’s Cable and IP network. graphyne includes an ADB-designed Service Delivery Platform as well as client software.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Rolf Seibl, Apps, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Norway, Set Top Box, UX
CANAL+ Poland selects ADB UHD satellite solution
Sep 12, 2019 – ADB has announced that CANAL+ Platform has selected its UHD satellite solution to provide subscribers with advanced TV services in 4K. The solution provides features like multiple recordings, fast channel change and access to multi VOD libraries.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, CANAL+ Platform, Jacek Galik, Jarosław Kordalewski, Digital TV, IBC2019, Poland, Satellite, Set Top Box
HbbTV publishes Phase 2 Application Discovery over Broadband spec.
Sep 9, 2019 – The HbbTV Association has announced the publication of the HbbTV specification for phase 2 of application discovery over broadband (ADB). ADB enables consumers to access HbbTV services on their TV sets, even when not supported by their set-top box.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Vincent Grivet, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
Aug 22, 2019 – Spearad has revealed its full stack solution offering a media asset management system combined with a programmatic market place. The company's decisioning technology seeks to offer a true Addressable TV experience across all TV and video distribution channels.
News categories: Spearad, Erhard Neumann, Mark Thielen, Ivan Guzenko, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Germany, Worldwide
49% of U.S. video ad impressions going to connected TV
Jun 26, 2019 – With impressions increasing nearly 60% Y-o-Y, connected TV advertising now accounts for nearly half of impressions served in the U.S. according to Extreme Reach, highlighting the massive impact of CTV on multiple aspects of digital advertising.
News categories: Extreme Reach, Mary Vestewig, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Extreme Reach launches Sell-Side ad distribution platform
Jun 3, 2019 – Extreme Reach (ER) has announced the launch of AdBridge for Sellers. AdBridge for Sellers connects the buy and sell sides to simplify the distribution of ad creative to every serving point: OTT, VOD, CTV, Digital and linear TV.
News categories: Extreme Reach, Bunker Sessions, Tim Conley, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Extreme Reach platform connects all creative with any media placement
May 9, 2019 – Extreme Reach has launched AdBridge, a platform to automatically prepare and connect all creative with any media placement. AdBridge integrates asset preparation, TV delivery, video ad serving, Talent & Rights management and overall creative asset management in one platform.
News categories: Extreme Reach, Tim Conley, Matt Timothy, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Anevia selected by INEA for multi-screen TV on ADB's platform
Apr 24, 2019 – Anevia has announced that it has been selected by INEA to roll out multi-screen TV services to INEA’s customers in Poland. The solution combines Anevia's software video-delivery platform with the graphyne2 service delivery platform from ADB.
News categories: Anevia, INEA, ADB, Damien Lucas, Michał Bartkowiak, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Poland, TV Everywhere, UX
ADB selected by Poland's INEA for its HIWAY IP-based pay-TV system
Apr 3, 2019 – Poland's INEA has chosen ADB's graphyne2™ to fulfill its objectives in migration to a new, IP and fiber based advanced pay-TV system. The solution enables the operator to further expand its service to mobile devices, offering a multi-screen TV service to its subscribers.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, INEA, Jacek Galik, Michał Bartkowiak, Digital TV, IPTV, Poland, Set Top Box, UX
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs
- iWedia cooperates with Kaltura on STB software for Beeline Kazakhstan
- WIZTIVI and SERAPHIC co-work on HbbTV OpApps
- MediaKind helps Síminn deliver English Premier League coverage in UHD
- Turkcell selects Witbe to monitor video QoE
- Bouygues Telecom adds start-over to Bbox EPG using Alpha Networks