Digital TV News: AKASH
BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
Sep 14, 2019 – Beximco Communications (BexCom) has selected Irdeto to securely deliver content through its DTH service, AKASH. BexCom launched its platform in Bangladesh using Irdeto Cloaked CA to ensure the highest levels of security for its content.
News categories: Irdeto, Beximco, AKASH, Doug Lowther, DS Faisal Hyder, Bangladesh, Content Protection, Digital TV, Satellite
JioFiber home service launches across 1,600 cities in India
Sep 6, 2019 – Jio has announced the commencement of JioFiber, its FTTH service, across 1,600 cities in India. JioFiber offers an integrated experience of broadband, on-demand entertainment, voice/video calling and conferencing, gaming and home solutions.
News categories: Reliance Jio, Akash Ambani, Broadband, Digital TV, India, Set Top Box
Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
May 16, 2019 – Beximco Communications has launched a DTH service in Bangladesh under the brand name AKASH. The service will be available from May 19 at authorised retails in 20 districts. AKASH includes a large bouquet of Bangladeshi and foreign TV channels.
News categories: Beximco, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Satellite
Dish TV launches 'Watcho’ OTT app and forays into original content
Apr 25, 2019 – Dish TV India has announced the launch of OTT app 'Watcho'. Watcho aims to offer content catering to young audiences across the country and not just Urban India. Dish TV is the first DTH company in India to launch a dedicated OTT platform with its own original content.
News categories: Dish TV India, Watcho, Anil Dua, Akash Tyagi, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT
ARC Acquires Alarity Corporation; Establishes Multimedia Development Center in St. Petersburg, Russia
Sep 24, 2007 – ARC International (LSE:ARK) has announced that it has acquired Alarity Corporation. Alarity is a privately held U.S. multimedia company that has a renowned team of close to 40 personnel based in St. Petersburg, Russia specializing in codec software, firmware, and advanced multimedia architectures.
News categories: ARC International, Digital TV, MnA, Russia, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, UK
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019
- Movistar Spain launches new voice remote control
- Irdeto confirmed as security partner for Mitele Plus
- Swedish streaming market saturating
- Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
- beIN SPORTS strikes partnership with XUMO TV
- Cinedigm’s Viewster app available on Foxxum-supporting devices
- Liberty extends Netflix partnership in Europe
- beIN SPORTS XTRA added to Samsung TV Plus
- Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
- WISI ABR transcoding approved for Minerva YourTV Now cloud video
- Radix to launch Android TV device management at MWC
- Canada's Media Technology Monitor reports on SVOD, podcasting, co-viewing and more
- Disney+ to reach 126 million subscribers globally
- 605 launches 605 PLATF0RM measurement and analytics for TV
- Intertrust and Friend MTS extend partnership to streaming piracy