Digital TV News: AMD
A1 Telekom partners with Vubiquity for TVOD launch in Bulgaria
Dec 9, 2019 – Vubiquity (NASDAQ: DOX) has announced that it will provide A1 Bulgaria with fully managed end-to-end content management and processing services to support the roll-out of A1's first TVoD platform in the region.
News categories: Vubiquity, A1 Bulgaria, Darcy Antonellis, Mihail Semerdzhiev, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
Beamr shows live 8K HEVC software encoding on a single AMD EPYC processor
Sep 12, 2019 – Beamr has announced, with AMD (NASDAQ: AMD), that it has used Beamr 5, operating on a single socket AMD EPYC 7742 processor, to encode 79 frames per second in real-time at 8K resolution and with 10-bit color required for HDR.
News categories: Beamr, AMD, Eli Lubitch, Raghu Nambiar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Atari VCS home gaming and entertainment platform unveiled
Jun 13, 2019 – Atari has made further announcements about its Atari VCS home gaming and entertainment platform. As well as gaming, the Atari VCS is optimized for video entertainment. The system is 4K HDR capable and supports video apps such as Netflix, Hulu, and Showtime.
News categories: Atari, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
Microsoft previews Xbox in the cloud and Project Scarlett console
Jun 9, 2019 – At the Xbox E3 Briefing, Xbox demonstrated its commitment to console gaming with a preview of its next generation machine due to arrive in 2020. Attendees were also among the first in the world to play Xbox One games streaming on smartphones and tablets.
News categories: Xbox, Phil Spencer, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Amdocs showcases Media Marketplace at The NAB Show in Las Vegas
Apr 8, 2019 – Amdocs Media (NASDAQ: DOX) will be showcasing its Media Marketplace at The NAB Show. Amdocs Media Marketplace helps video service providers promote their content offerings, while also using intelligence from past interactions to offer a more personalized customer experience.
News categories: Amdocs, Darcy Antonellis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, UX, Worldwide
Involuntary cancellations a huge problem for the SVOD industry
Mar 19, 2019 – Vindicia (NASDAQ: DOX) has released a study that delves into consumer relationships with streaming video services and viewing behaviors. The study found that 70% of households in the U.S. and 40% of U.K. homes have a subscription to at least one streaming video service.
News categories: Vindicia, nScreenMedia, Anthony Goonetilleke, Colin Dixon, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Eros Now selects Vindicia subscription billing platform
Feb 26, 2019 – Vindicia (NASDAQ: DOX) has announced that Eros Now has selected Vindicia CashBox to enhance its consumer experience. Through the alliance, Vindicia CashBox will help in accelerating the subscriber growth of Eros Now around the world.
News categories: Amdocs, Eros Now, Vindicia, Darcy Antonellis, Rishika Lulla Singh, Digital TV, India, MWC19, OTT, Worldwide
UK consumers expect to have to pay £74 per month to get the video content they want
Feb 7, 2019 – A study, commissioned by Amdocs and a third-party research firm, has revealed that UK consumers are not getting enough from their TV and video subscription services, and are demanding more personalized bundles.
News categories: Amdocs, Vanson Bourne, Gary Miles, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
U.S. consumers still seeking content as OTT pricing starts to rise
Feb 7, 2019 – A study commissioned by Amdocs (NASDAQ: DOX) has revealed that customers are getting frustrated with the TV options they have today and that they are willing to spend more for personalized approaches to TV content bundling and service provisioning.
News categories: Amdocs, Vanson Bourne, Darcy Antonellis, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs