Digital TV News: ANT Software
Version 1.5 of HbbTV Specification Released
Apr 4, 2012 – The HbbTV consortium has announced the publication of version 1.5 of its hybrid TV specification. Version 1.5 of the HbbTV specification notably introduces support for HTTP adaptive streaming based on the recently published MPEG-DASH specification.
News categories: HbbTV Consortium, Cable TV, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
IP Vision FetchTV Platform to be made available on third party devices
Dec 18, 2009 – IP Vision has laid out a strategy to enable its FetchTV platform on third party set top boxes alongside its own range of Smartbox devices. As part of the initiative, IP Vision will collaborate with ANT Software (LSE AIM: ANTP).
News categories: IP Vision, ANT plc, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
As Online Video Enters the Living Room, User Interfaces Begin the Transition to Web Based Technologies
Jul 29, 2008 – While the rest of the consumer electronics and pay-TV worlds are still stuck in more traditional native code environments, the push for online video and social communities in the living room has resulted in ever-increasing interest in HTML and other web-based technologies on consumer TVs.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
ANT showcasing Intelligent UI at IPTV World Forum 2008
Mar 12, 2008 – ANT (AIM:ANTP) will be demonstrating its new Intelligent User Interface (UI) design at this year's IPTV World Forum. At the core of this new UI is a function that builds a profile of the users' behaviour based on their viewing habits.
News categories: ANT Software, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
The Open IPTV Forum, now consisting of 26 members, publishes its end-to-end Architecture specification
Mar 7, 2008 – The first version of the Service and Platform Requirements document, for both Managed and Open Internet models was released in the autumn of 2007. This document was followed recently by the first Architecture specification.
News categories: Open IPTV Forum, Digital TV, IPTV
ANT Announces First Industry Standard for TV Content Application Development
Oct 8, 2007 – ANT Software (Reuters: ANTP.L, Bloomberg: ANTP.LN) has launched the industry's first standard for TV content application development. Rich Media Access Interface (RMAI) eliminates the need for discrete versions of a TV application to be produced for different client devices.
News categories: ANT Software Limited, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, UK
Accedo and ANT partner to bring next-generation applications to the IPTV market
Mar 5, 2007 – Accedo Broadband has partnered with ANT Software Limited to deliver The Accedo Application Portfolio™ on ANT Galio. ANT and Accedo will work together to drive the IPTV service revolution, and create the foundation for next-generation services in the market.
News categories: ANT Software Limited, Accedo Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
- 2020 semiconductor market to decline 0.9% due to coronavirus
- Over 11,000 TV channels were available in Europe in 2019
- Disney+ already at 50 million subscribers
- Crave now available on Roku devices in Canada
- Vodafone selects Synamedia for global cloud TV platform
- Neustar and iSpot.tv unify TV and digital attribution
- Comscore and JW Player partner on contextual targeting for video advertising
- Taiwan Broadband Communications adds HBO GO
- AR/VR IC market to grow to $7.75bn by 2026 at 23.3% CAGR
- 24i powers streaming video experience for Topic
- Roku launches The Roku Channel in the UK
- Verimatrix integrates server-side watermarking with Akamai
- SVOD and T-VOD drive Korean market to new levels
- HbbTV releases HbbTV Conformance Test Suite v2020-1
- NZ: Netflix, Lightbox and Prime Video double viewership in 2019
- KT to build IPTV service for 3BB TV in Thailand
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- US: 44% with a vMVPD switched from a traditional pay TV service
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv