Digital TV News: ANT plc
Espial Signs Agreement to Acquire ANT plc
Nov 30, 2012 – Espial (TSX: ESP) has announced that it has entered into an agreement pursuant to which Espial has offered to acquire all of the outstanding shares of ANT plc. The offer values the issued ordinary share capital of ANT at approximately £5 million.
News categories: Espial, ANT plc, HbbTV, Middleware, MnA, Set Top Box
Skyviia selects ANT Galio HbbTV Platform
Feb 21, 2012 – ANT (AIM: ANTP) has announced that Skyviia has licensed the ANT Galio HbbTV Platform and core TV applications. Skyviia will integrate ANT's software into its new range of system-on-a-chip (SoC) solutions for the European HbbTV market.
News categories: ANT plc, Skyviia, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, Semiconductor
smart electronic selects ANT for HbbTV
Dec 13, 2011 – ANT (LSE AIM: ANTP) has announced that leading set-top box manufacturer smart electronic GmbH, has licensed its ANT Galio HbbTV Platform. The new range of hybrid STBs will deliver HbbTV services under the SMART brand to the German FTA market.
News categories: ANT plc, smart electronic GmbH, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box
ANT stakes its claim in multiscreen TV market with launch of ANT Galio Move
Aug 23, 2011 – ANT (LSE AIM: ANTP) has announced the launch of ANT Galio Move. ANT Galio Move combines extended live TV viewing with companion device TV services, responding directly to the growing demand by viewers for a 'TV everywhere' experience.
News categories: ANT plc, IBC2019, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Tablet
Harvard International partners with ANT to deliver technology led STB innovation
May 25, 2011 – Harvard International (LSE AIM:HAR) has announced a partnership with ANT (LSE AIM: ANTP) to develop set-top box software. The software will provide HD PVR functionality and enable services that combine digital media with broadband internet access.
News categories: ANT plc, Harvard, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
GMI Selects ANT for German HbbTV Market
May 5, 2011 – ANT (LSE AIM: ANTP) has announced that Good Mind Industries (GMI) has selected the ANT Galio HbbTV Platform for its new range of set-top boxes (STBs). The product line is to be targeted at the HbbTV (Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV) retail market.
News categories: ANT plc, GMI, COMAG, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Sunplus selects ANT Galio Platform for system-on-a-chip solution
Feb 28, 2011 – ANT (LSE AIM: ANTP) has announced that Sunplus Technology (Taipei: 2401) has licensed the ANT Galio Platform and core TV applications. The ANT Galio Platform will be integrated with Sunplus SoCs for European connected TV, set-top box and DVD markets.
News categories: ANT plc, Sunplus, Digital TV, DVD, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Humax TV Portal Launches with ANT Galio Platform
Feb 9, 2011 – ANT (LSE AIM: ANTP) has announced that Humax (KOSDAQ:028080) has launched its new TV Portal using the ANT Galio Platform. An automatic over-the-air update ran from Friday 4th to Sunday 6th February to all Humax HDR-FOX T2 Freeview+ HD set-top boxes in the UK.
News categories: ANT plc, Humax, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Hybrid Web-to-TV Set Top Boxes Enable Operators and Broadcasters for Internet Video Battleground
Sep 29, 2010 – With an Internet Protocol (IP) link coming in to nearly every possible consumer electronics device with a screen, hybrid Web-to-TV set top boxes (STB) will be vital tools that enable broadcasters and operators to compete, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos