Digital TV News: AOC
Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
Jan 21, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that it is partnering with AOC to bring the AOC Roku TV to consumers in Brazil. The TV will offer consumers a smart TV experience that is easy to use, with great streaming entertainment at an affordable price.
News categories: Roku, TPV, Globoplay, G2C Globo, Anthony Wood, Arthur van Rest, Andre Romanon, Erick Brêtas, Fernando Ramos, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
ACCESS and ZEASN usher in next gen Smart TV experiences
Sep 6, 2018 – ACCESS and ZEASN have announced that they have combined ACCESS’ expertise in connected entertainment with ZEASN’s smart TV app store and embedded OS. The joint solution is based on ACCESS’ NetFront™ Browser BE and ZEASN’s TV store and WhaleOS.
News categories: ACCESS CO, ZEASN, Dr. Neale Foster, Jason He, Apps, Digital TV, HTML5, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
Market for 4K UHD technologies exploding
Feb 19, 2018 – The huge growth forecast for 4K UHD global markets stems from the technology’s growing adoption, rising disposable incomes, technological advancements, expanding 4K content and increasing TV unit sales.
News categories: BCC Research, Anand Bhandari, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Matchstick launches Flint open source streaming platform
Jan 5, 2015 – Matchstick has announced Flint, an open software and open hardware video-streaming platform created with Mozilla’s Firefox OS inside. In addition, the company has announced hardware partnerships with both Phillips/AOC and TCL to distribute Flint enabled products.
News categories: Matchstick, AOC, TCL Multimedia, Jack Chang, Sean Shih, Rita Chao, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
4Kx2K LCD TV Panel Shipments Expected to Reach 2.6M in 2013
Mar 14, 2013 – According to the latest NPD DisplaySearch Quarterly Large Area TFT Panel Shipment Report, TFT LCD panel suppliers are forecast to ship 2.6 million 4Kx2K LCD TV panels (also known as Ultra HD) worldwide in 2013, up more than 40-fold from 63 thousand in 2012.
News categories: DisplaySearch, David Hsieh, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
Sigma Designs Reports Second Quarter Fiscal 2013 Results
Sep 5, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has reported results for its second fiscal quarter ended July 28, 2012. Net revenue for the second quarter of fiscal 2013 was $68.3 million, up $21.6 million, or 46%, from $46.7 million reported for the same period last year.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Sigma Designs to power AOC connected DTVs in Latin America
Jul 31, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that Digital Television (DTV) manufacturer, AOC, will debut a new line of DTVs for the LATAM market based on the Sigma Designs HiDTV Pro-SXL SoCs at the ABTA 2012 conference.
News categories: Sigma Designs, AOC, Digital TV, Latin America, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
AOC Selects Trident for Connected TV for Brazil
Sep 27, 2011 – Trident Microsystems (NASDAQ: TRID) has announced that its HiDTV® Pro-SXL system-on-a-chip (SoC) has been adopted in AOC's new series of Digital TVs for Brazil and other South American markets and has begun volume shipment.
News categories: Trident Micro, AOC, Brazil, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Trident Unveils New Digital Televisions From AOC for the Brazil Market
Aug 11, 2010 – At the ABTA Conference in Sao Paulo, Brazil, Trident Microsystems (NASDAQ: TRID) announced that Trident's HiDTV™ PRO-SX solution has been selected by AOC to power four new AOC digital TV models (the D26W931, D32W931, LC32W053 and LC42H053.)
News categories: Trident Micro, AOC, Brazil, Digital TV, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
- Zixi powers 4K UHD Bloomberg TV+ service
- Telekom Malaysia selects Skyworth as 4K Android TV Operator Tier partner
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers