Digital TV News: ARRIS International
ARRIS powers satellite distribution for AMC Networks
Apr 2, 2019 – ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that AMC Networks has selected ARRIS for video compression and transcoding. The ARRIS platform will serve as a foundation for AMC Networks' satellite distribution architecture of the future.
News categories: ARRIS International, AMC Networks, Dan Whalen, Steve Pontillo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Satellite, USA
CommScope to acquire ARRIS
Nov 8, 2018 – CommScope (NASDAQ: COMM) has agreed to acquire ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) in an all-cash transaction for $31.75 per share, or a total purchase price of approximately $7.4 billion, including the repayment of debt.
News categories: CommScope, ARRIS International, Eddie Edwards, Bruce McClelland, Content Distribution, CPE, Digital TV, Gateway, MnA, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ARRIS extends growth with customer wins in APAC
Oct 23, 2018 – ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced two high-profile customer wins – Foxtel (Australia) and SK Broadband (Korea)– showcasing continued international momentum for its expanded portfolio.
News categories: ARRIS International, Foxtel, SK Broadband, Steve McCaffery, Australia, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Satellite, Set Top Box
RDK launches App Program for service providers
Sep 18, 2018 – RDK Management has unveiled an app program to make it easier to develop and launch apps for RDK-based STBs. Service providers can use a new RDK App Framework to build their own, or choose a pre-integrated solution such as the Metrological App Store.
News categories: RDK Management, Metrological, Steve Heeb, Jeroen Ghijsen, Apps, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ARRIS announcing additional customer wins at IBC
Sep 13, 2018 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced a number of customer wins from around the world. Recent wins with HBO Latin America, Liberty Global in Germany, Sky Italia and Stofa in Denmark underscore ARRIS's international leadership.
News categories: ARRIS International, Steve McCaffery, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Germany, IBC2020, Italy, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
Intigral chooses ARRIS STBs for Jawwy TV home entertainment service
Jun 12, 2018 – Saudi Telecom subsidiary, Intigral, has chosen ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to provide products and services for its first digital entertainment offering, Jawwy TV, in Saudi Arabia. ARRIS's VIP4302W OTT set-top will power the service.
News categories: ARRIS International, Intigral, Steve McCaffery, Hamoud Al Rumayan, Digital TV, HTML5, OTT, Saudi Arabia, Set Top Box
Broadband Forum brings IoT home with new USP standard
Apr 17, 2018 – The Broadband Forum has published its User Services Platform (USP) – a new standard for implementing, deploying and managing all types of devices in the broadband home.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Barbara Stark, Robin Mersh, John Blackford, Jason Walls, Digital TV, Gateway, Smart Home, Worldwide
ARRIS set-tops to power Bell Canada's MediaFirst deployment
Feb 13, 2018 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) is enabling Bell Canada to offer its Fibe TV customers an more rich and personalized TV experience via its set-top box support for Ericsson's MediaFirst personalized multiscreen, TV Everywhere, IPTV and pay TV system.
News categories: ARRIS International, Bell, Larry Robinson, Rizwan Jamal, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, UX
RCN rolls-out 4K-enabled STBs in the Lehigh Valley
Feb 12, 2018 – RCN has announced that 4K and Bluetooth enabled set-top boxes are now available for the first time to Lehigh Valley, PA residents in each of its serviceable areas. Also included in the rollout is an updated TiVo interface.
News categories: RCN, Sanford Ames, Jr, Cable TV, Set Top Box, USA
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020