Digital TV News: ASTER
Ericsson Mediaroom TV for Aster in the Dominican Republic
Feb 22, 2016 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) will transform Aster’s TV offer and cable network in the Dominican Republic through the deployment of Ericsson Mediaroom TV and video compression, with the Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) cBR-8 Evolved Converged Cable Access Platform (CCAP).
News categories: Ericsson, Cisco Systems, Aster, Clayton Cruz, Gustavo Sorgente, Juan Ramón Gomez Diaz, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Middleware
Liberty Global adds 1 million digital cable customers in 2011
Feb 22, 2012 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA,LBTYB,LBTYK) has announced results for the period ended December 31, 2011. The company added 282,000 and 1.0 million digital cable subscribers for the three months and year ended December 31, 2011, respectively.
News categories: Liberty Global, Austria, Belgium, Cable TV, Chile, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, MMDS, Netherlands, Poland, Puerto Rico, Results, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland
Liberty Global Reports Third Quarter 2011 Results
Nov 2, 2011 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced results for the third quarter. Over the three and nine months ended September 30, 2011, Liberty Global added 234,000 and 739,000 digital cable subscribers, driven by strong demand for HD and DVR services.
News categories: Liberty Global, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Cable TV, Chile, Czech Republic, DVR, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, MMDS, Netherlands, Poland, Puerto Rico, Results, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland
UOKiK releases report on pay TV in Poland
Oct 7, 2011 – Poland's Office of Competition and Consumer Protection (UOKiK) has issued a report on the country's pay TV market. Services are provided by satellite, cable and IPTV. Satellite has the largest number of subscribers with over 6 million.
News categories: UOKiK, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Poland, Satellite, Subscribers
Defying Cord Cutting Craze, European Union Cable Market Expands in 2010
Sep 7, 2011 – The European cable market continued to expand in 2010, with revenue throughout the EU rising by nearly 8% for the year on the strength of double-digit growth in digital TV, broadband and telephony subscribers, according to Screen Digest (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: Screen Digest, Cable TV, Digital TV, EU, Market Research, Subscribers
Aster Selects Motorola RFoG Solution to Extend Triple-Play Services and Increase Bandwidth
Mar 31, 2010 – Motorola (NYSE: MOT) has been selected by Aster for a pilot deployment of its RF over Glass (RFoG) solution. Motorola's RFoG will enable Aster to roll out an advanced FTTH network and deliver new ultra-broadband triple-play services.
News categories: Motorola, Aster, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Fibre, Poland
NDS Partners with Kaonmedia to Support ASTER to Launch Advanced TV Services in Poland
Jan 29, 2008 – NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced that it has joined forces with Kaonmedia to deliver digital set-top boxes (STB) and DVRs, including a DVR for viewing in High Definition, to ASTER, a leading provider of media and communication services in Poland.
News categories: NDS Group, Kaonmedia, ASTER, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DOCSIS, DVR, Middleware, Poland, Set Top Box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ