Digital TV News: AWS
Socionext delivers H.264 video encoder on AWS
Sep 8, 2020 – Socionext has developed an H.264 video encoder available on AWS. The encoder helps video distributors expedite their content production to delivery time by 70% without compromising on quality.
News categories: Socionext, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
New AI and cloud capabilities for ThinkAnalytics content discovery
Sep 4, 2020 – ThinkAnalytics has boosted its Cloud Content Discovery Platform with new AI and cloud-native technologies. Version 10 delivers increased user engagement, more business control and new operating efficiencies.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Peter Docherty, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Inaugural IBC Showcase scheduled for September 8-11
Sep 2, 2020 – IBC has announced that its inaugural IBC Showcase will run from September 8th – 11th 2020, and continue as a once a week event throughout 2020. The IBC Showcase features three programmes: Content Programme, Exhibitor Showcase and Industry News.
News categories: IBC, Michael Crimp, Mark Smith, Steve Connolly, Christelle Gental, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Worldwide
PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
Aug 6, 2020 – PAOK FC, the largest football club in Greece has worked with Insys Video Technologies to launch a new version of its OTT streaming service, PAOK TV. Built using Insys Sport, PAOK TV is fully cloud-based, running on AWS.
News categories: Insys Video, PAOK FC, Jarosław Narojczyk, Panagiotis Aroniadis, Content Distribution, Greece, OTT
AWS announces Amazon Interactive Video Service
Jul 15, 2020 – Amazon Web Services(AWS) [NASDAQ: AMZN] has announced Amazon Interactive Video Service (Amazon IVS), a managed service that makes it easy to set up live, interactive video streams in just a few minutes.
News categories: Amazon Web Services, Martin Hess, John Katsavrias, Scott Hurrey, Eric Hsu, Daisuke Mizuta, Luke Hubbard, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, USA
DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
Jul 6, 2020 – VisualOn has announced that it is providing DNA's end users with the ability to stream video on Android TV. VisualOn's OnStream Android TV is integrated into DNA's TV app. DNA is Finland's largest cable operator.
News categories: VisualOn, DNA Plc, Yang Cai, Pekka Jääskeläinen, Apps, Digital TV, Finland, Media Player, OTT
NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
Jun 30, 2020 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced API integration of NexGuard forensic watermarking into AWS Elemental MediaConvert, a file-based video transcoding service with broadcast-grade features from Amazon Web Services (AWS).
News categories: NAGRA, AWS Elemental, Jean-Philippe Plantevin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
Synamedia and AWS accelerate end-to-end cloud TV deployments
Jun 8, 2020 – Synamedia is collaborating with AWS to accelerate the adoption of cloud TV services. With the partnership, video service providers can combine Synamedia’s Infinite cloud TV platform and AWS's reliability and cloud elasticity.
News categories: Synamedia, AWS, Nick Thexton, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Egypt, Malaysia, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Worldwide
Mirada multiscreen solution available as a turn-key proposition
May 11, 2020 – Mirada has announced that it has made its Iris end-to-end multiscreen solution available as a turn-key proposition. Iris in Swift Mode provides operators with a proven solution helping to reduce time-to-market and avoid high upfront costs.
News categories: Mirada, Antonio Rodríguez, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV