Digital TV News: Abu Dhabi Media
Demand for local content will spur rapid MENA media growth
Nov 18, 2014 – A study undertaken by Strategy& and Media Zone Authority Abu Dhabi has forecast that Pay TV in the MENA region will grow at 10.3% per year, compared with a growth rate of 7.8% for ad-based TV. Satellite TV will continue to dominate the sector.
News categories: Media Zone Authority Abu Dhabi, Strategy&, Noura Al Kaabi, Jayant Bhargava, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, OTT, Satellite
Deutsche Telekom cloud-based video streaming for Abu Dhabi Media
Apr 7, 2014 – Deutsche Telekom’s BDI unit has announced that Abu Dhabi Media is now a customer for its LiveStream Perform cloud-based video streaming solution for the delivery of six TV channels to multiple connected devices.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Abu Dhabi Media, Octoshape, Ali Al Shaiba, Karim El-Khazen, Content Distribution, Mobile, OTT, UAE
Emirates Mobile TV consortium granted DVB-H licence for the UAE
Oct 24, 2009 – The Telecommunications Regulatory Authority has agreed to grant a license to the Emirates Mobile Television Corporation consortium to provide DVB-H mobile TV broadcasting services for 10 years in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
News categories: Telecommunications Regulatory Authority, Digital TV, Mobile, Regulation, UAE
Thomson: Third Quarter 2007 Revenues
Oct 18, 2007 – Thomson (Euronext Paris: 18453, NYSE:TMS) shipped 2.7 million satellite set-top boxes in 3Q07, 0.6 million cable set-top boxes, and 2.6 million access products for telecom operators - making a total of 5.8 million access products in the quarter.
News categories: Thomson, Full release, Broadband, Cable TV, Camcorder, Digital TV, France, Gateway, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK, USA
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5