Digital TV News: Abu Dhabi Media
Demand for local content will spur rapid MENA media growth
Nov 18, 2014 – A study undertaken by Strategy& and Media Zone Authority Abu Dhabi has forecast that Pay TV in the MENA region will grow at 10.3% per year, compared with a growth rate of 7.8% for ad-based TV. Satellite TV will continue to dominate the sector.
News categories: Media Zone Authority Abu Dhabi, Strategy&, Noura Al Kaabi, Jayant Bhargava, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, OTT, Satellite
Deutsche Telekom cloud-based video streaming for Abu Dhabi Media
Apr 7, 2014 – Deutsche Telekom’s BDI unit has announced that Abu Dhabi Media is now a customer for its LiveStream Perform cloud-based video streaming solution for the delivery of six TV channels to multiple connected devices.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Abu Dhabi Media, Octoshape, Ali Al Shaiba, Karim El-Khazen, Content Distribution, Mobile, OTT, UAE
Emirates Mobile TV consortium granted DVB-H licence for the UAE
Oct 24, 2009 – The Telecommunications Regulatory Authority has agreed to grant a license to the Emirates Mobile Television Corporation consortium to provide DVB-H mobile TV broadcasting services for 10 years in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
News categories: Telecommunications Regulatory Authority, Digital TV, Mobile, Regulation, UAE
Thomson: Third Quarter 2007 Revenues
Oct 18, 2007 – Thomson (Euronext Paris: 18453, NYSE:TMS) shipped 2.7 million satellite set-top boxes in 3Q07, 0.6 million cable set-top boxes, and 2.6 million access products for telecom operators - making a total of 5.8 million access products in the quarter.
News categories: Thomson, Full release, Broadband, Cable TV, Camcorder, Digital TV, France, Gateway, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK, USA
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- BritBox unveils partners in run up to launch
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
- Limited reach of Apple TV+ and Disney+ hinders services’ adoption