Digital TV News: Abu Dhabi Media
Demand for local content will spur rapid MENA media growth
Nov 18, 2014 – A study undertaken by Strategy& and Media Zone Authority Abu Dhabi has forecast that Pay TV in the MENA region will grow at 10.3% per year, compared with a growth rate of 7.8% for ad-based TV. Satellite TV will continue to dominate the sector.
News categories: Media Zone Authority Abu Dhabi, Strategy&, Noura Al Kaabi, Jayant Bhargava, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, OTT, Satellite
Deutsche Telekom cloud-based video streaming for Abu Dhabi Media
Apr 7, 2014 – Deutsche Telekom’s BDI unit has announced that Abu Dhabi Media is now a customer for its LiveStream Perform cloud-based video streaming solution for the delivery of six TV channels to multiple connected devices.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Abu Dhabi Media, Octoshape, Ali Al Shaiba, Karim El-Khazen, Content Distribution, Mobile, OTT, UAE
Emirates Mobile TV consortium granted DVB-H licence for the UAE
Oct 24, 2009 – The Telecommunications Regulatory Authority has agreed to grant a license to the Emirates Mobile Television Corporation consortium to provide DVB-H mobile TV broadcasting services for 10 years in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
News categories: Telecommunications Regulatory Authority, Digital TV, Mobile, Regulation, UAE
Thomson: Third Quarter 2007 Revenues
Oct 18, 2007 – Thomson (Euronext Paris: 18453, NYSE:TMS) shipped 2.7 million satellite set-top boxes in 3Q07, 0.6 million cable set-top boxes, and 2.6 million access products for telecom operators - making a total of 5.8 million access products in the quarter.
News categories: Thomson, Full release, Broadband, Cable TV, Camcorder, Digital TV, France, Gateway, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK, USA
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020