Digital TV News: Academy of Broadcasting Science
Hong Kong's ASTRI and China's SAPPRFT ABS set up joint UHD lab
Mar 23, 2016 – Hong Kong's ASTRI and China's SAPPRFT and ABS have announced the establishment of the ASTRI – SAPPRFT ABS Ultra High-definition Television Technology Joint Laboratory which focuses on research and development of ultra high-definition technology and upcoming video technology.
News categories: ASTRI, Academy of Broadcasting Science, SAPPRFT, Dr. Frank Tong, Dr. Ieong Meikei, Li Yiu Kei, Mr. Zou Feng, Xie Wei, China, Digital TV, Hong Kong
Spreadtrum Announces SC6600V: First Single-Chip Demodulator/Decoder for CMMB-Based Mobile TV
May 7, 2008 – Spreadtrum Communications (NASDAQ: SPRD) plans to announce its new mobile TV single chip solution, the SC6600V, the first demodulator/decoder chip for CMMB-based mobile TV during the 'Asia Future TV 2008' conference.
News categories: Spreadtrum, China, Digital TV, ICs, Mobile, Semiconductor, Tablet
SARFT Plans Overseas Promotion of CMMB
Apr 29, 2008 – The China Academy of Broadcasting Science has held a meeting to promote overseas partnerships on the CMMB standard, with senior officials from SARFT's Science and Technology Department, the Academy itself, the S2M Group and Loral Space and Communications.
News categories: Academy of Broadcasting Science, China, Digital TV, Mobile
CCID Consulting: China's Onboard Mobile TV Market Enters Fast Growth Period
Mar 26, 2008 – CCID Consulting (Hong Kong Stock Exchange: HK08235), released on March 4, 2008, the 2007-2008 Annual Report on China's Onboard Mobile TV Market at the Consumer Electronics Market China 2008.
News categories: CCID Consulting, China, DTMB, Market Research, Mobile, Terrestrial
China - Full Set of Terrestrial DTV Standards Expected in H1
Jan 31, 2008 – An industry insider has revealed that the Academy of Broadcasting Science and Academy of Broadcasting Planning, both of which are under the State Administration of Radio, Film and Television (SARFT), have completed the formulation of 6 terrestrial DTV supporting standards.
News categories: SARFT, Broadcasting, China, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Thomson Renews Contract to Supply Cable Set-Top Boxes to Chinese Cable TV Operator Dalian Tiantu
Sep 7, 2007 – Thomson (Euronext 18453; NYSE: TMS) has announced the renewal of its contract to supply Chinese cable operator Dalian Tiantu Cable TV with DCI1000E digital cable set top boxes, further to the original agreement concluded via Thomson CITIC Digital Technology Co., Ltd. (TCDT) in August 2006.
News categories: Thomson, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Set Top Box
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event