Digital TV News: Academy of Broadcasting Science
iQIYI's watermarking system passes ChinaDRM Lab evaluation test
Nov 18, 2019 – iQIYI has announced that its self-developed watermarking system has passed the security evaluation test of the ChinaDRM Lab, making iQIYI the first online video platform in China to receive such an accreditation.
News categories: iQIYI, ChinaDRM, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Watermarking
Hong Kong's ASTRI and China's SAPPRFT ABS set up joint UHD lab
Mar 23, 2016 – Hong Kong's ASTRI and China's SAPPRFT and ABS have announced the establishment of the ASTRI – SAPPRFT ABS Ultra High-definition Television Technology Joint Laboratory which focuses on research and development of ultra high-definition technology and upcoming video technology.
News categories: ASTRI, Academy of Broadcasting Science, SAPPRFT, Dr. Frank Tong, Dr. Ieong Meikei, Li Yiu Kei, Mr. Zou Feng, Xie Wei, China, Digital TV, Hong Kong
Spreadtrum Announces SC6600V: First Single-Chip Demodulator/Decoder for CMMB-Based Mobile TV
May 7, 2008 – Spreadtrum Communications (NASDAQ: SPRD) plans to announce its new mobile TV single chip solution, the SC6600V, the first demodulator/decoder chip for CMMB-based mobile TV during the 'Asia Future TV 2008' conference.
News categories: Spreadtrum, China, Digital TV, ICs, Mobile, Semiconductor, Tablet
SARFT Plans Overseas Promotion of CMMB
Apr 29, 2008 – The China Academy of Broadcasting Science has held a meeting to promote overseas partnerships on the CMMB standard, with senior officials from SARFT's Science and Technology Department, the Academy itself, the S2M Group and Loral Space and Communications.
News categories: Academy of Broadcasting Science, China, Digital TV, Mobile
CCID Consulting: China's Onboard Mobile TV Market Enters Fast Growth Period
Mar 26, 2008 – CCID Consulting (Hong Kong Stock Exchange: HK08235), released on March 4, 2008, the 2007-2008 Annual Report on China's Onboard Mobile TV Market at the Consumer Electronics Market China 2008.
News categories: CCID Consulting, China, DTMB, Market Research, Mobile, Terrestrial
China - Full Set of Terrestrial DTV Standards Expected in H1
Jan 31, 2008 – An industry insider has revealed that the Academy of Broadcasting Science and Academy of Broadcasting Planning, both of which are under the State Administration of Radio, Film and Television (SARFT), have completed the formulation of 6 terrestrial DTV supporting standards.
News categories: SARFT, Broadcasting, China, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Thomson Renews Contract to Supply Cable Set-Top Boxes to Chinese Cable TV Operator Dalian Tiantu
Sep 7, 2007 – Thomson (Euronext 18453; NYSE: TMS) has announced the renewal of its contract to supply Chinese cable operator Dalian Tiantu Cable TV with DCI1000E digital cable set top boxes, further to the original agreement concluded via Thomson CITIC Digital Technology Co., Ltd. (TCDT) in August 2006.
News categories: Thomson, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Set Top Box
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues