Digital TV News: Accenture
FOX, NBCUniversal, and Viacom unveil OpenAP 2.0
Apr 25, 2019 – FOX, NBCUniversal, and Viacom have unveiled OpenAP 2.0, expanding the audience platform into a centralized video marketplace with workflow automation for national linear and long-form digital video, developed in collaboration with Accenture and FreeWheel.
News categories: Viacom, NBCUniversal, FOX, John Halley, Sean Moran, Krishan Bhatia, Linda Yaccarino, Meredith Brace, Marianne Gambelli, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Accenture chosen to help enhance TV customer experience at KPN
Jun 20, 2018 – Accenture (NYSE: ACN) is helping KPN enhance the customer experience by providing the telecommunications company with the Accenture Video Solution (AVS) – a hybrid IPTV and OTT platform – for the delivery of video and related services.
News categories: Accenture, KPN, Sef Tuma, Digital TV, IPTV, Netherlands, UX
Accenture provides video platform for Turner’s OTT products
May 22, 2018 – Accenture (NYSE: ACN) has announced that Turner is using the Accenture Video Solution platform to help manage and operate some of the company’s OTT products. This includes FilmStruck in the UK, and Cartoon Network TV Everywhere (TVE) in Asia Pacific.
News categories: Accenture, Turner, Sef Tuma, Aksel van der Wal, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, UK
55% drop in consumers who prefer to watch TV shows on TV sets
Apr 24, 2017 – Signaling an accelerating shift in the digital video market consumer behavior, the percentage of consumers who prefer watching TV shows on television sets plummeted by 55% over the past year, from 52% to 23%, according to Accenture (NYSE: ACN).
News categories: Accenture, Gavin Mann, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
MultiChoice expands video test automation capacity with Accenture StormTest
Mar 29, 2017 – MultiChoice has expanded its video test automation capacity with the implementation of Accenture StormTest, a suite of automated testing capabilities, to support a data-driven, continuous integration approach to product development.
News categories: Accenture, MultiChoice, John Maguire, QoE, South Africa
Accenture Video Solution selected as OTT platform by BT TV
Sep 7, 2016 – BT TV has selected the Accenture Video Solution (AVS) platform to support its BT TV offerings. The Accenture platform supports both live streaming and VOD, delivering a high-quality user experience across multiple devices.
News categories: Accenture, BT plc, Sef Tuma, Greg McCall, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, UK
Accenture enables Mediaset Premium OTT
Apr 28, 2016 – Accenture (NYSE: ACN) has collaborated with Italy’s largest commercial TV broadcaster, Mediaset, to deliver UEFA Champions League football matches – using a new, online 'over-the-top' Internet video service – to more than one million consumers.
News categories: Accenture, Mediaset, Francesco Venturini, Franco Ricci, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Italy, Mobile, OTT
Accenture powers SKY On Demand in the Philippines
Feb 4, 2016 – SKY subscribers in the Philippines can now watch and stream TV shows and movies from cable TV or online anytime, anywhere and on any screen, using Sky on Demand - SKY Cable's newest service – powered by the Accenture Video Solution.
News categories: Accenture, SKY Cable, Lito Tayag, Jerome Almirante, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Philippines, TV Everywhere
The world’s love affair with the TV may be coming to an end
Apr 13, 2015 – The television’s popularity as the go-to entertainment device may be ending, according to Accenture (NYSE: ACN). In their survey, television saw uniform, double-digit usage declines among viewers of nearly all ages.
News categories: Accenture, Gavin Mann, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
- TVB deploys Harmonic content-aware encoding on Hong Kong OTT platform
- Atari VCS home gaming and entertainment platform unveiled
- Vimeo adds support for AV1 codec
- Fox Corp and ad agencies join Project OAR addressable TV consortium
- Pluto TV arrives on Comcast Xfinity X1 set-tops
- Europe is not cord-cutting right across the board
- Global pay TV subscriptions to grow to 1.10 billion by 2024
- MadHive, Inscape to enable linear, OTT planning, activation & attribution for Local TV
- MediaMath launches contextual ad targeting for video with IRIS.TV
- NAGRA to demonstrate technology portfolio at ConnecTechAsia 2019
- Shenzhen Topway goes Ultra HD with Harmonic
- Esports to break the billion-dollar barrier in 2020
- Rakuten launches Rakuten Sports streaming service
- Ericsson Mobility Report: 5G uptake even faster than expected
- BARB commissions Kantar Focal Meter for UK TV audience measurement
- ATEME provides headend to the Egyptian National Media Authority
- Datacom signed-up as Viaccess-Orca system integrator in APAC
- Flix Snip expands to Spain and Italy on Huawei Video
- Western European telcos are winning the European 5G race
- Norwegian video entertainment market grows 6% in 2018