Digital TV News: ActiveVideo
Metrological and ActiveVideo enable OTT on existing STBs
Oct 16, 2017 – Metrological and ActiveVideo have announced a joint solution that enables pay-TV operators to deploy OTT content experiences on existing set-top boxes. Two operators in the Caribbean and Latin America region plan to launch the integrated solution in 2018.
News categories: Metrological, ActiveVideo, Jeroen Ghijsen, Jeff Miller, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, Middleware, OTT, SCTE•ISBE, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ActiveVideo and Zodiac combine to provide Cloud-delivered user experiences
Sep 12, 2017 – Zodiac Interactive and ActiveVideo have partnered on a joint solution that will enable pay-TV operators of all sizes to provide next generation user experiences and new premium services on any installed set-top box.
News categories: Zodiac Interactive, ActiveVideo, Cable Bahamas, Brandon Brown, Jeff Miller, David Burrows, Bahamas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2020, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ZoneTV and ActiveVideo show cloud delivery of Dynamic Channels
Apr 24, 2017 – ZoneTV and ActiveVideo have announced that ZoneTV’s made-for-digital video content can be delivered directly to the vast footprint of pay-TV set-top boxes, using the power of cloud virtualization.
News categories: Zone·tv, ActiveVideo, Jeff Weber, Jeff Miller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
J:COM rolls out cloud-based VOD UX with ActiveVideo
Apr 24, 2017 – J:COM pay-TV subscribers are enjoying enhanced, web-like video-on-demand experiences on their existing set-top boxes, thanks to the first deployment in Japan of cloud virtualization technology from ActiveVideo.
News categories: ActiveVideo, J:COM, Jeff Miller, Masaaki Agaya, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box, UX
ActiveVideo-based cloud VOD service doing well for VTR in Chile
Feb 16, 2017 – VTR, the largest cable operator in Chile, has reported huge growth in the number of customers using its on-demand video service. The service, based on ActiveVideo technology, is transmitted from a cloud-based browser to the set-top box.
News categories: ActiveVideo, VTR, Jeff Miller, Edwin Elberg, Cable TV, Chile, Content Distribution, Middleware, Set Top Box
ARRIS and Charter collaborate on WorldBox 2.0 development
Oct 12, 2016 – ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) and Charter Communications (NASDAQ: CHTR) have announced plans for ARRIS to be a key participant in the development of WorldBox 2.0, Charter's next-generation video platform.
News categories: ARRIS International, Charter Communications, Bruce McClelland, Jim Blackley, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Wurl announces cable STB software partnerships
Sep 8, 2016 – Wurl has announced a series of partnerships with key providers of cable set-top software that will showcase Wurl TV Network broadband channels at this week's International Broadcasting Convention (IBC).
News categories: Wurl, Sean Doherty, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC2020, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ARRIS to re-sell Espial product portfolio
Sep 1, 2016 – Espial has announced a Software License and Distribution Agreement with ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to integrate and resell Espial’s product portfolio. Espial and ARRIS will jointly deliver end-to-end, IP Video solutions to customers.
News categories: Espial, ARRIS International, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Cablevision adds Hulu to Optimum TV STBs
Apr 7, 2016 – Cablevision (NYSE: CVC) has announced the integration of Hulu into the Optimum TV experience, enabling customers to access the online streaming TV service directly from the Optimum TV interactive program guide on all current-generation set top boxes.
News categories: Cablevision, Hulu, ActiveVideo, Tom Montemagno, Tim Connolly, Jeff Miller, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020