Digital TV News: Activision Blizzard
Google to power Activision Blizzard player experiences
Jan 24, 2020 – Google Cloud will serve as the preferred provider for Activision Blizzard's game hosting infrastructure and YouTube as its exclusive streaming partner worldwide, excluding China, for live broadcasts of its esports leagues and events.
News categories: Google Cloud, Activision Blizzard, YouTube, Sunil Rayan, Jacques Erasmus, Pete Vlastelica, Ryan Wyatt, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
Jan 15, 2020 – App Annie has released its State of Mobile 2020 report. The annual appraisal provides insight into mobile's expansive impact across industries and the global economy, highlighting publishers and brands that are outperforming their peers.
News categories: App Annie, Theodore Krantz, Kathleen Gambarelli, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
eSports evolving from ‘Novelty’ to ‘Next Big Thing’
Sep 12, 2018 – According to The Diffusion Group (TDG), eSports has been silently exploding, out of the mainstream eye for years but now capturing the attention of companies throughout the interactive entertainment and gaming space.
News categories: The Diffusion Group, Patrick Perez, Digital TV, Market Research, USA, Worldwide
Canal+ France adds 158,000 subscribers in 2011
Mar 1, 2012 – Vivendi (Paris: VIV) has released results for 2011. At the end of December 2011, Canal+ France had 11.216 million subscriptions, a net increase of 158,000 year-on-year.
News categories: Vivendi, Brazil, France, IPTV, Poland, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Vietnam
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers