Digital TV News: Advanced Digital Broadcast
ADB graphyne2 integrates personalized recommendations from ContentWise
Jul 28, 2016 – ADB has announced that it has partnered with ContentWise to integrate personalized recommendation capabilities into its recently announced graphyne2 personal TV software platform.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, ContentWise, Wojciech Doganowski, Pancrazio Auteri, Advertising, Digital TV, IBC2019, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
ADB to launch graphyne2 pay-TV platform at IBC
Jul 13, 2016 – ADB has announced that visitors to IBC 2016 will have the opportunity to see the public debut of its next-generation, end-to-end personal TV software platform, graphyne2.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Peter Balchin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Indonesia's Transvision selects ADB TV client software
May 24, 2016 – ADB has announced that its pay-TV middleware and user experience software, GraphyneTV, has been selected by Transvision, one of the leading Direct-to-Home (DTH) service providers in Indonesia.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Transvision, Peter Balchin, Hengkie Liwanto, Digital TV, Indonesia, Middleware, Mobile, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Minerva certifies ADB’s IPTV wireless and 4K/UHD STB
May 19, 2016 – ADB has announced that Minerva Networks has certified it’s iTVFusion client on ADB's new 1761 series of STBs. The solution combines ADB’s expertise in personal TV and broadband connectivity with Minerva’s IPTV platform.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Minerva Networks, Peter Balchin, Eric Freund, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Bulgaria's Blizoo launches OTT service with ANEVIA
Oct 14, 2015 – ANEVIA has announced that Blizoo, the largest cable company in Bulgaria, has selected its ViaMotion technology for the launch of Live Blizoo, its new OTT multi-screen service.
News categories: ANEVIA, Blizoo, Laurent Lafarge, Shteryo Stefanov Badalov, Bulgaria, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT
ADB Personal TV to be pre-integrated with ALi's STB chipsets
Sep 7, 2015 – ADB and ALi have announced a partnership to integrate ADB’s Personal TV software with ALi’s set-top box platform. The joint solution will support full HD1080P60, MVC video decoding and multi-stream, as well as features such as USB media, VOD and YouTube.
News categories: ALi Corp, Advanced Digital Broadcast, Tony Chang, Peter Balchin, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Pay TV STB market contracts for the first time in 12 years
Jun 29, 2015 – Pay TV operators purchased $15.3 billion worth of set-top boxes (STBs) in 2014, down from $15.9 billion in 2013. This decline represents the first contraction in the market since 2002, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS Inc, Daniel Simmons, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ADB with 2 millionth solution for Polish nc+
Apr 28, 2015 – ADB has announced that it has delivered its 2 millionth solution for the most technologically advanced Polish satellite operator – nc+. nc+ – just as its predecessor ‘n’ platform – has been an ADB customer since October 2006.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, nc+, Peter Balchin, Digital TV, Market Research, Poland, Set Top Box
Verimatrix provides enhanced revenue security for Telefónica's Movistar TV
Feb 11, 2015 – Verimatrix has announced that Telefónica has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for IPTV to provide enhanced revenue security for its Movistar TV, part of the Fusión service in Spain.
News categories: Verimatrix, Telefónica, Steve Oetegenn, Roberto Campo, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Spain
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware