Digital TV News: Advanced Digital Broadcast
ADB with 2 millionth solution for Polish nc+
Apr 28, 2015 – ADB has announced that it has delivered its 2 millionth solution for the most technologically advanced Polish satellite operator – nc+. nc+ – just as its predecessor ‘n’ platform – has been an ADB customer since October 2006.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, nc+, Peter Balchin, Digital TV, Market Research, Poland, Set Top Box
Verimatrix provides enhanced revenue security for Telefónica's Movistar TV
Feb 11, 2015 – Verimatrix has announced that Telefónica has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for IPTV to provide enhanced revenue security for its Movistar TV, part of the Fusión service in Spain.
News categories: Verimatrix, Telefónica, Steve Oetegenn, Roberto Campo, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Spain
Canal Digital Kabel-TV goes live with ADB Multi-screen
Dec 18, 2014 – ADB (SIX: ADBN) has announced that Norway’s Canal Digital Kabel-TV has gone live with ADB Multi-screen running on the ADB Wideband Tuner, an eight-tuner, hybrid cable HD DVR. ADB Multi-Screen is a software suite that blends broadcast and broadband delivery with home network content redistribution.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Canal Digital, Corrado Rocca, Peter Balchin, Gisle Pedersen, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Mobile, Norway, Smart Home
Poland's nc+ goes live with ADB Wi-Fi satellite STB
Nov 26, 2014 – ADB (SIX: ADBN) has announced that Polish satellite operator, nc+, has selected ADB’s new platform, set-top box software, and associated software integration services to underpin its multi-room and multi-screen strategy.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, nc+, Peter Balchin, Jarosław Kordalewski, Digital TV, Middleware, Poland, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home
ADB offers 'Light' version of GraphyneTV middleware
Nov 13, 2014 – ADB (SIX: ADBN) has announced a 'light version' of its pay-TV software for use on multiple screens – GraphyneTV - that supports entry-level and legacy set-top boxes.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Peter Balchin, Corrado Rocca, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Set-top box market hits $4.8 billion in 2Q14
Oct 14, 2014 – According to Infonetics Research, while quarterly set-top box unit shipments are up, on a year-over-year basis shipments are down. And though nearly all STB product categories saw volume increases in 2Q14, satellite shipments continue a downward trend.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Green Hills deploys APMAX IPTV middleware
Aug 13, 2014 – Innovative Systems has announced that a methodical exchange-by-exchange conversion over a 5 month period was the key to a successful conversion for Green Hills Companies to the Innovative Systems' APMAX IPTV Middleware.
News categories: Innovative Systems, Green Hills, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Cyta Hellas goes live with ADB hybrid HD set-top boxes
Jun 10, 2014 – ADB (SIX: ADBN) has announced that Cyta Hellas has gone live with 3play, a triple-play solution relying on ADB technologies. The Cytavision pay-TV service features Alcatel-Lucent’s IPTV platform running on ADB’s hybrid HD set-top boxes.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Cyta, Alcatel-Lucent, Christos Kolitsidas, Peter Balchin, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, Set Top Box
Ukraine’s Volia taps ADB for OTT and hybrid OTT/Cable products
Jun 3, 2014 – ADB (SIX: ADBN) has announced that it has been selected by Volia, Ukraine’s largest pay-TV provider with nearly two million subscribers, to deliver OTT and hybrid OTT/cable set-top boxes, software, and software integration services.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Gyorgy Zsembery, Peter Balchin, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Ukraine
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers
- NLogic and TVbeat bring holistic TV ad management to Canada
- Netflix, Hulu user numbers fell as COVID-19 measures were relaxed