Digital TV News: Advanced Digital Broadcast
ADB launches Graphyne OTT software
May 14, 2014 – ADB has announced a Graphyne variant developed specifically for OTT service providers. Graphyne OTT offers the only OTT multi-screen user experience to treat all media types identically, and on any device.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Peter Balchin, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
ADB launches GRAPHYNE TV software
May 7, 2014 – ADB (SIX: ADBN) has announced new functionality in its user experience framework, Graphyne UX, and the launch of Graphyne TV, a bundled offering featuring Graphyne UX and ADB’s UnifyTV application environment.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Peter Balchin, ANGA COM, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ADB and Innovative Systems bring IPTV technology to U.S. independent telcos
May 7, 2014 – ADB (SIX: ADBN) has announced that Innovative Systems’ IPTV middleware has been ported to ADB’s 3800W set-top box. Trials with three U.S. IPTV operators are already underway.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Innovative Systems, Richard Phelps, Ryan Tupper, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, North America, Set Top Box
ADB unveils unified application environment for multiscreen
Apr 29, 2014 – ADB (SIX: ADBN) has announced UnifyTV, an application environment that provides a ‘write once, run anywhere’ set of application programming interfaces (APIs) for the development of multi-screen services.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Peter Balchin, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box
Video gateways a bright spot in slumping STB market
Mar 14, 2014 – According to Infonetics, the global set-top box (STB) market—including IP/cable/satellite/DTT STBs and OTT media servers—totaled $18 billion in 2013, a decline of 10% from the previous year.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, Worldwide
ADB ships 50 millionth device
Feb 24, 2014 – ADB (SIX: ADBN) has announced that it has shipped its 50 millionth device. The milestone is the culmination of thousands of man-years of R&D at ADB’s facilities in Poland, Italy, Ukraine and Taiwan since the company’s launch in 1995.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Peter Balchin, Paul Bristow, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ADB is first to market with MPEG-DASH implementation
Jan 6, 2014 – ADB (SIX: ADBN) has announced that it is first to market with a commercial MPEG-DASH (Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP) implementation, making standardised video delivery via the internet a reality for the first time.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Tivù, Alberto Sigismondi, Peter Balchin, Digital TV, DRM, Italy, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Gains in Asia and Latin America STB markets won’t offset declines in N. America, W. Europe
Oct 31, 2013 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest Set-Top Boxes and Pay TV Subscribers report. There are real STB unit shipment declines occurring in America and Europe that won’t be offset by growth in Asia Pacific and Latin America until 2014.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
ADB to debut ultra-broadband gateways and cloud-based multi-screen solutions at BBWF 2013
Oct 9, 2013 – ADB (SIX: ADBN) has announced that it will introduce its cloud-based multi-screen IPTV solution and several new ultra-broadband and fibre devices at Broadband World Forum 2013.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Peter Balchin, BBWF, CPE, Gateway, IPTV, Middleware
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0