Digital TV News: Aereo
Rabbit TV to distribute free HDTV antennas
Oct 23, 2014 – FreeCast has announced a giveaway of free HDTV antennas, as part of its U.S. Rabbit TV service. The addition of the antenna adds live news, sports, and other local programming as well as broadcast networks, to its VOD library, and à la carte options.
News categories: FreeCast, William Mobley, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
45% of U.S. pay TV subscribers find cloud DVR very appealing
Jul 31, 2014 – Over 45% of U.S. pay-TV subscribers find cloud DVR technology very appealing, according to Parks Associates. Consumers show particular interest in unlimited storage space and two-week catch-up services for video.
News categories: Parks Associates, Glenn Hower, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Mobile, TV Everywhere, USA
Aereo announces Google Cast™ ready date
Apr 10, 2014 – Aereo has announced that its cloud-based antenna and DVR technology would be Google Cast Ready on May 29. Aereo users will be able to download (or update) the Aereo app for Android which will include support for Chromecast.
News categories: Aereo, Apps, Mobile, OTT, Smart Home, Terrestrial, USA
Pay TV operators to dominate market for online subscription TV
Sep 12, 2013 – According to Strategy Analytics, pay TV operators will dominate the market for online subscription TV, heralding the end of the first phase of online viewing which saw the rise of on-demand specialists such as Netflix and YouTube.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Ed Barton, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
PlayOn brings Aereo content to PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii and Android devices
Jul 9, 2013 – PlayOn has announced the availability of its Aereo Channel for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Google TV, Wii, Wii U and Android mobile devices. When coupled with Aereo, PlayOn provides New York, Boston and Atlanta users with a complete cable cutting solution.
News categories: Aereo, PlayOn, Digital TV, Games Console, Mobile, OTT, Tablet, USA
FreeCast.com to release 'SkyBox' OTT STB
Jul 18, 2012 – FreeCast.com has announced that it plans to release SkyBox, its combination micro-PC and wireless keyboard remote unit with Flash and HTML5 support, which is intended to turn any TV into a wifi personal computer.
News categories: FreeCast.com, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Aereo internet TV to launch in New York
Feb 14, 2012 – Aereo has announced $20.5 million in Series A financing led by IAC (Nasdaq: IACI). IAC Chairman & Senior Executive, Barry Diller, has joined Aereo's Board of Directors. The service is to launch in New York on March 14.
News categories: Aereo, DVR, OTT, Terrestrial, USA
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0