Digital TV News: Airtel Digital TV
Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
Sep 15, 2019 – Bharti Airtel has selected Irdeto to securely deliver content on its Airtel Xstream 4K Hybrid Box. The STB, based on Android 9.0, brings satellite TV and OTT content together on a single device, secured by Irdeto Cloaked CA.
News categories: Irdeto, Bharti Airtel, Doug Lowther, Sunil Taldar, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
Airtel launches converged entertainment platform
Sep 2, 2019 – Bharti Airtel has announced the launch of its converged digital entertainment play: Airtel Xstream. Over the coming months, Airtel plans to roll out a range of solutions to cater to the entertainment needs of every customer segment of India.
News categories: Airtel, Adarsh Nair, Digital TV, India, Mobile, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box
Irdeto to secure content on Airtel’s Digital TV platform
Sep 15, 2018 – Irdeto has partnered with Bharti Airtel to secure all content offered on Airtel’s Digital TV services. As part of the partnership, Irdeto will deploy its security solutions to secure the linear channels offered on the STB and the content offered on Airtel’s hybrid Android TV platform.
News categories: Irdeto, Airtel, Doug Lowther, Sunil Taldar, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
Tata Elxsi to build software for Airtel's Internet TV STB
Sep 14, 2018 – Tata Elxsi has announced that it has extended its partnership with Airtel’s DTH service arm – Airtel Digital TV. As part of this, Tata Elxsi will build the application software for the company’s hybrid set-top-box, Internet TV.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Airtel, K P Sreekumar, Sunil Taldar, Digital TV, IBC2019, India, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
BARC India partners with Airtel Digital TV for Return Path Data
Mar 7, 2018 – BARC India has tied up with Airtel Digital TV to include its subscriber homes in the BARC India Return Path Data (RPD) Panel. This partnership will provide fillip to BARC India’s plan of scaling up panel homes to multiples of the mandated 50,000.
News categories: BARC India, Airtel, Romil Ramgarhia, Sunil Taldar, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
Tata Elxsi announces Connected Home Center of Excellence
Jun 19, 2017 – Tata Elxsi's Connected Home Center of Excellence leverages expertise in video, IoT and smart home services, experience of open source middleware such as RDK and Android TV, and solution accelerators to support rapid development and deployment of next-generation Connected Home services.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Airtel, K P Sreekumar, Sunil Taldar, Android TV, Digital TV, India, RDK, Smart Home
Airtel launches ‘Internet TV’ for Digital Homes
Apr 12, 2017 – Airtel Digital TV has launched ‘Internet TV’ – India’s first hybrid STB, powered by Android TV, which brings online content to the TV screen along with a bouquet of over 500 plus satellite TV channels.
News categories: Airtel Digital TV, Netflix, Sunil Taldar, Reed Hastings, Android TV, Digital TV, India, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box
Harmonic powers Airtel Digital TV's enhanced DTH HD offerings
May 24, 2016 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Airtel Digital TV has deployed a compression headend solution from Harmonic. The deployment enables Airtel Digital TV to expand its DTH HD portfolio to over 50 premium channels.
News categories: Harmonic, Airtel Digital TV, Dan Taylor, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, India, Satellite
STMicroelectronics SoCs deployed by MyBox in Airtel Digital TV STB
Jan 21, 2016 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) is celebrating the successful field deployment of satellite set-top boxes (STB) from MyBox – A Hero Electronix Venture for India’s Airtel Digital TV. MyBox’s Digital HD STBs are powered by ST’s STiH237 satellite SoC.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, MyBox, Vivek Sharma, Amit Kharabanda, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- BritBox unveils partners in run up to launch
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
- Limited reach of Apple TV+ and Disney+ hinders services’ adoption
- Advanced TV solutions are changing local market advertising
- Tru Optik to launch free tool to support TV privacy
- Australia's Network 10 and You.i announce app partnership