Digital TV News: Alcatel-Lucent
Broadband access market reaches record level in 2015
Mar 2, 2016 – According to Dell’Oro Group, the worldwide Broadband Access market, which includes Cable, DSL, and PON, reached a record level and exceeded $12B in 2015, driven by PON. Looking at 2016, Cable Modem is predicted to make a comeback.
News categories: Dell'Oro, Alam Tamboli, Cable Modem, CPE, Market Research, Worldwide
China’s appetite for broadband fuels growth in CPE market
Sep 23, 2015 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) has raised its outlook for the broadband customer premises equipment (CPE) market. In its September report, the firm has increased its 2019 worldwide broadband CPE forecast by 8%, to US$12.4 billion.
News categories: IHS Inc, Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, 5G, CPE, Gateway, Market Research, Worldwide
Alcatel-Lucent to integrate PERSEUS video compression and Oregan Video Client
Sep 7, 2015 – V-Nova has announced that Alcatel-Lucent plans to integrate PERSEUS video compression technology with its Cloud DVR platform and Oregan's Multiscreen Cloud Video Client. The aim is to provide significant improvements in IP Video delivery to both greenfield customer deployments and existing infrastructures.
News categories: Oregan, V-Nova, Alcatel-Lucent, Milya Timergaleyeva, Eric Achtmann, Paul Larbey, Digital TV, IBC2020, Media Player, Mobile, Worldwide
Alcatel-Lucent deploys IP Routing portfolio at Telefónica
Aug 19, 2015 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris and NYSE: ALU) is transforming Telefonica's fixed and mobile networks with its IP technology and services expertise to meet growing consumption of data and video by its customers – while ensuring optimal operational cost and efficiency.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Telefónica, Roque Lozano, Joaquin Mata, Content Distribution, IPTV, Spain
TDC expands Mediaroom footprint to Norway
Jun 8, 2015 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris; NYSE: ALU) has announced that it is enabling TDC to expand its delivery of IP-based TV services outside Denmark. Alcatel-Lucent is extending TDC’s existing Mediaroom platform to Norwegian ISP, NextGenTel.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, TDC, NextGenTel, Willem Hendrickx, Jacob Zentio Larsen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Norway
Alcatel-Lucent provides optical technology to Telecom Italia for ultra-broadband and TV services
Jun 3, 2015 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris; NYSE: ALU) is to provide its 100 Gbps agile optical networking technology to Telecom Italia as the Italian national service provider transforms its infrastructure to support the delivery of ultra-broadband internet and TV services.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Telecom Italia, Roberto Loiola, Content Distribution, Fibre, IPTV, Italy, OTT
Shift to generic hardware and virtualization pressuring video equipment prices
Jan 9, 2015 – According to Infonetics (NYSE: IHS), the cost of encoding and transcoding platforms continues to come down, pressuring video and broadcast equipment revenue as pay-TV providers move to generic hardware and network functions virtualization.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Nearly 90 million DOCSIS 3.0 CPE units shipped over last 12 quarters
Jan 6, 2015 – Infonetics has released excerpts from its 3Q14 Broadband CPE and Subscribers report. Connected home and multiscreen services continue to proliferate. As a result, an increasing number of video-capable gateways are being shipped globally.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Broadband, CPE, DOCSIS, Gateway, Market Research, Worldwide
5G standardization begins as companies lay royalties groundwork
Dec 8, 2014 – Work on new technologies that will form the foundation of 5G standards has been occurring for the last few years; however, the formal standards process has just begun. A range of major vendors are working on all aspects of 5G, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Philip Solis, Broadband, Mobile, Semiconductor, Worldwide
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert