Digital TV News: Alliance for Open Media
Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
Apr 2, 2020 – Allegro DVT has announced the release of its AL-D21x family of video decoder IPs which adds support for the AV1 video format. This addition complements Allegro DVT’s previously announced AV1 video IP encoding solutions (AL-E21x).
News categories: Allegro DVT, Nathalie Brault, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Vimeo adds support for AV1 codec
Jun 13, 2019 – Vimeo has announced support for royalty-free video codec, AV1. The AV1 codec enables high-definition and ultra-high-definition video content to be streamed to audiences at a reduced bitrate without compromising visual quality.
News categories: Vimeo, Naren Venkataraman, Vittorio Giovara, Nathan Egge, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Allegro DVT introduces real-time AV1 encoder IP for 4K/UHD video
Apr 18, 2019 – Allegro DVT has announced the availability of its AL-E210 multi-format video encoder hardware IP which adds support for the new AV1 video format developed by the Alliance for Open Media (AOMedia). The AL-E210 is built on Allegro DVT's multi-core architecture.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Nouar Hamze, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Samsung joins the Alliance for Open Media Board of Directors
Apr 3, 2019 – The Alliance for Open Media (AOMedia) has announced that Samsung has joined at the Board-level, the first tier of the organization. AOMedia is a nonprofit organization formed with the aim to define and develop open standards for media compression and delivery over the web.
News categories: Alliance for Open Media, Samsung, Matt Frost, Seunghwan Cho, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
Allegro DVT releases Full Compliance Test Suite for the AV1 codec
Sep 12, 2018 – Allegro DVT has announced the availability of its AV1 compliance streams following the public release of the AOMedia Video Codec 1.0 (AV1) specification by the Alliance for Open Media (AOMedia) on March 28th, 2018.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Alliance for Open Media, Nouar Hamze, Media Player, Silicon IP, Worldwide
ATEME integrates AV1 codec into its TITAN video delivery solution
Apr 3, 2018 – At NAB, ATEME will showcase a production ready AV1 CODEC on its TITAN video delivery system. Using TITAN and the codec, operators can deploy a royalty free solution for both the headend and the player; furthermore, AV1 enables significant CDN savings.
News categories: ATEME, Michel Artières, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, Worldwide
Alliance for Open Media officially releases AV1 specification
Mar 28, 2018 – The Alliance for Open Media (AOMedia) has announced the public release of the AOMedia Video Codec 1.0 (AV1) specification, which delivers cross-platform, 4K UHD or higher online video, royalty-free – all while lowering data usage.
News categories: Alliance for Open Media, IHS Markit, Gabe Frost, Paul Gray, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, Worldwide
Ittiam accelerates VP9 encoder with Netflix and Google
Mar 31, 2017 – Ittiam has announced completion of a project to enhance the encoding speed of the VP9 encoder. The performance-optimized version is now publicly available as part of the royalty-free, open-source distribution of VP9.
News categories: Ittiam, Netflix, Google, Mukund Srinivasan, David Ronca, Matt Frost, Content Distribution, OTT, Worldwide
Alliance for Open Media codec becomes open source project
Apr 5, 2016 – The Alliance for Open Media has announced that AMD, ARM and NVIDIA have joined the consortium. The Alliance is also announcing public availability of its AOMedia Video source code as an open source project.
News categories: Alliance for Open Media, Gabe Frost, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Worldwide
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers