Digital TV News: Altibox
Altibox to use Sixty for STB UI development
Mar 14, 2016 – TV experience company Sixty has announced that it has signed a strategic partnership with Altibox which will see Sixty apply its expertise and experience to support the development of Altibox’s latest generation set-top box (STB).
News categories: Sixty, Altibox, Kjetil Horneland, Øyvind Lundbakk, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Norway, Set Top Box, UX
Pace preliminary results for the year ended 31 December 2013
Mar 4, 2014 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced its results for the year ended 31 December 2013. STB and Media Server revenues were up 8.4% to $1,979.6m in 2013, driven by demand for Media Servers in H1 2013 in North America and a number of new deployments in H2 2013.
News categories: Pace plc, Gateway, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Norway's Altibox selects Pace Whole Home solution
Oct 22, 2013 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced that it is to provide a full whole home solution to Altibox, the Norwegian triple-play service provider. The deal involves the deployment of the complete Pace software and hardware platform.
News categories: Pace plc, Altibox, Shane McCarthy, Nils Arne Bakke, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, Middleware, Norway, Set Top Box
Motorola 2011 set-top shipments up 6 percent compared to 2010
Jan 26, 2012 – Motorola (NYSE: MMI) has reported results for the fourth quarter and full year of 2011. Fourth quarter set-top shipments were down 3 percent compared to the year-ago quarter. Full year set-top shipments were up 6 percent compared to 2010.
News categories: Motorola, Results, Set Top Box
Pace Powers Altibox Video on Demand Transformation
Nov 29, 2011 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has provided the software to power Altibox's newly launched Video on Demand (VoD) portal, allowing the operator to overhaul the experience it delivers to consumers.
News categories: Pace plc, Altibox, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Norway
Motorola Mobility Helps Altibox Extend Video Services to any Room in the Home
Oct 31, 2011 – Altibox customers will soon enjoy an enhanced viewing experience with the introduction of Motorola Mobility's (NYSE:MMI) VAP2400 wireless video bridge.
News categories: Motorola, Altibox, IPTV, Norway, Smart Home
FTTH growth accelerates in Europe
Feb 24, 2010 – In 2009, growth in terms of subscribers and Homes/Buildings passed has accelerated in Europe. In EU36 (including Russia), there were nearly 3.5 million FTTH/B subscribers and more than 25 million Homes/Buildings Passed.
News categories: IDATE, FTTH Council, Broadband, Denmark, Digital TV, Europe, Fibre, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, IPTV, Italy, Lithuania, Market Research, Middle-East, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden
ADB Group Reports Solid Financial Results for 2009
Feb 11, 2010 – Advanced Digital Broadcast (SIX: ADBN) has reported ADB Group's results for the full year 2009. Revenue for the full year 2009 reached US$ 381.0 million, increasing 5.6% compared to 2008, in line with expectations.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Cable TV, IPTV, Middleware, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
ADB Group delivers a mid-period business update
Oct 29, 2009 – Advanced Digital Broadcast (SIX: ADBN) has provided an update on the development of its business. The demand from cable and satellite segments remains strong, with the demand from terrestrial segment picking up and IPTV starting to follow.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Cable TV, DVR, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
- 4C to power reach optimization on NBCUniversal's One Platform
- Nordija and VGL team up for Andina Link 2020
- North American pay TV revenues to fall by $50 billion
- Altibox selects Technicolor set-top box for Android TV services
- Altice One available on Apple TV 4K
- Video ad impressions on U.S. CTV triple in two years
- Viaccess-Orca Stream Guardian certified by Cartesian
- Comcast acquires XUMO
- NBCUniversal updates audience targeting and transaction models
- Mola.tv selects Verimatrix Multi-DRM for OTT in Indonesia
- Telikom PNG selects UniqCast for OTT/IPTV deployment
- Beachfront, Beeswax adopt LiveRamp IdentityLink bidding for CTV
- WOW! streaming partnerships to help customers cut the cord
- Globecast deploys Infrastructure as Code (IaC) for cloud-based playout
- TiBO deploys Verimatrix Multi-DRM in Albania
- Kinetic by Windstream partners with YouTube TV
- Cinedigm adds Roku support to its app platform
- HbbTV Association releases Targeted Advertising Specification
- EnTouch Systems joins RCN, Grande, Wave group
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs