Digital TV News: América Móvil
Pirate pay TV in 7% of TV households in Latin America
Jul 19, 2017 – According to Dataxis, Pay-TV piracy reached 7% of TV households in Latin America in 2016, with 11.8 million consumers. Total illegal access to Pay-TV could be positioned as the third largest player on the market, behind América Móvil and DIRECTV.
News categories: Dataxis, Content Protection, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Subscribers
Pay TV growth in Latin America at less than 1% quarterly
Jun 30, 2017 – According to Dataxis, Latin America and the Caribbean reached 72.6 million Pay TV legal subscribers for the first quarter of 2017. The figure shows a growth of 0.2% compared to the previous quarter making four consecutive quarters of growth below 1%.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research
Mexico defies Latin America’s pay TV torpor
Mar 20, 2017 – Mexico overtook Brazil in 2016 to become Latin America’s largest pay TV market, despite Brazil having twice as many TV households, according to a report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Subscribers
Opera TV expands reach of Claro Video in Latin America
Nov 3, 2016 – Opera TV has announced a partnership with Claro video to bring its service to millions of devices through participation in Opera TV’s Certification Program and distribution through the Opera TV Store.
News categories: Opera TV, América Móvil, Aneesh Rajaram, Juliana Psaros, Andres Vazquez del Mercado, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, Mobile, OTT
Elemental powers IP content delivery for NET in Brazil
Aug 18, 2016 – Elemental has announced that it is providing live video encoding and packaging solutions to NET in Brazil. The platform allows NET to deliver 40 IP-based channels to multiscreen devices, and to hybrid STBs alongside HD channels broadcast using DVB technology.
News categories: Elemental, NET, Dan Marshall, Marcio Carvalho, Brazil, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile
Latin American OTT TV and video booms
Jun 2, 2016 – OTT TV and video revenues in Latin America will reach $3.59 billion in 2021; up from $32 million recorded in 2010 and more than triple the $1.15 billion in 2015, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, OTT
Claro Chile to demonstrate Ultra HD with Harmonic
May 12, 2016 – Claro Chile and Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) have announced that they will demonstrate Ultra HD (UHD) delivery via Claro's distribution network. Claro will showcase UHD images, produced and delivered by Harmonic, on Sony UHD TV sets.
News categories: Harmonic, Claro Chile, Alvaro Martin, Mariano Orihuela, Chile, Content Distribution, Digital TV
América Móvil adds 158,000 Pay TV units in 2015
Feb 9, 2016 – América Móvil [BMV: AMX] [NYSE: AMX] [NASDAQ: AMOV] [LATIBEX: XAMXL] has announced results for the fourth quarter of 2015. At the end of the year the company had 22 million Pay TV units adding 158 thousand during over the year.
News categories: América Móvil, Cable TV, Latin America, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Colombian pay TV market to reach 5.3 million households by 2018
Nov 5, 2015 – The Colombian pay TV market will reach 5.3 million households by 2018, according to data published by Dataxis. This figure will represent a 3.4% increase when compared to end-2015.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Colombia, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Melita grows TV subscriber base to more than 100,000
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan