Digital TV News: Amazon
Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
Jan 23, 2020 – Tulix and Vidgo have given details of their technology platform for live sports streaming and other premium channels. Vidgo is a direct-to-consumer TV provider focusing on content acquisition and product marketing. Tulix provides the underlying technology.
News categories: Tulix, Vidgo, George Bokuchava, Shane Cannon, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, USA
Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
Jan 14, 2020 – According to Acumen Research and Consulting, the global Android TV market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 20% over the forecast period 2019 to 2026 and expected to reach the market value of over US$ 231 billion by 2026.
News categories: Acumen Research and Consulting, Android TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
African SVOD revenues to sextuple
Jan 13, 2020 – Digital TV Research forecasts 9.72 million SVOD subscriptions by 2025, up from 2.68 million at end-2019. South Africa (3.24 million by 2025) will remain the subscription leader, with Nigeria (2.14 million) in second place.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
TiVo unveils 'TiVo Stream 4K' box with Sling TV built-in
Jan 7, 2020 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced TiVo Stream 4K, a streamer with live TV and Cloud DVR from the Sling TV app, plus leading content services. TiVo Stream 4K will launch with Sling TV as the preferred source for subscription TV.
News categories: TiVo, Sling TV, Dave Shull, Warren Schlichting, Tom Williams, Apps, CES2020, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Survey sees streaming subscription fatigue among U.S. consumers
Jan 6, 2020 – 59% of Americans are not willing to pay more than $20 a month for streaming TV services, according to a survey by The Trade Desk. Furthermore, 75% will not pay more than $30 a month. These results suggest a subscription fatigue threshold for TV streaming services.
News categories: The Trade Desk, Brian Stempeck, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Tubi AVOD app to be available on Hisense's Vidaa platform from Spring 2020
Jan 6, 2020 – Tubi has announced that it has entered into a deal with Hisense to offer its library of over 20,000 movies and TV shows on the Hisense Vidaa platform. Beginning Spring 2020, new Hisense TVs powered by Vidaa will have Tubi preloaded.
News categories: Tubi, Hisense, Michael Ahiakpor, Apps, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, UK, USA
Amazon expands features and solutions for Fire TV Edition partners
Jan 6, 2020 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has expanded its Fire TV Edition program, delivering opportunities for developers, operators, device makers and manufacturers across multiple categories including automotive, smart TVs, soundbars and streaming media players.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, Luke Motschenbacher, Fathi El-Dwaik, Tony Wang, Ed Mas, CES2020, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Fifteen Roku TV brands to launch in 2020
Jan 6, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that 15 TV brands will launch Roku TV models in 2020. Brands include ATVIO, Element, Hisense, Hitachi, InFocus, JVC, Magnavox, onn., Philips, Polaroid, RCA, Sanyo, TCL and Westinghouse.
News categories: Roku, Mustafa Ozgen, Canada, CES2020, Digital TV, Mexico, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, UK, USA
U.S. consumer technology sales to hit $422 billion in 2020
Jan 5, 2020 – Skyrocketing popularity of streaming services and wireless earbuds along with 5G connectivity and AI-enabled devices will drive revenue growth for the U.S. consumer tech industry to a record $422 billion in retail revenues in 2020, according to the CTA.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, CES2020, Digital TV, In-Car, Market Research, OTT, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service