Digital TV News: Amazon
Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
Dec 5, 2019 – Atlantic Broadband has announced that it has partnered with TiVo to deliver the Prime Video app to select TiVo devices. Atlantic Broadband was among the first multi-system cable operators in the U.S. to launch a TiVo gateway in 2013.
News categories: Atlantic Broadband, TiVo, Amazon Prime Video, Heather McCallion, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
Dec 3, 2019 – Amazon Web Services (AWS) [NASDAQ: AMZN] has announced AWS Wavelength. Wavelength embeds AWS compute and storage services at the edge of telecommunications providers’ 5G networks, enabling developers to serve use-cases that require ultra-low latency.
News categories: Amazon Web Services, Matt Garman, 5G, Content Distribution, Worldwide
FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
Dec 3, 2019 – Amazon Web Services (AWS) [NASDAQ: AMZN] has announced that Fox (Nasdaq: FOXA, FOX) is to use AWS’s portfolio of services, infrastructure, and professional services organization to enable a new cloud-based media production and delivery platform.
News categories: Amazon Web Services, Fox Corp, Dr. Werner Vogels, Paul Cheesbrough, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
Dec 3, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has launched the Prime Video app on select TiVo devices at its U.S. pay-TV operator customers. Content available in the app is easy to find through OneSearch, which serves up entertainment across live TV, on demand, and other streaming video apps.
News categories: TiVo, Amazon Prime Video, Dave Shull, Andrew Bennett, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
Dec 3, 2019 – KPN has added Amazon Prime Video to its Interactive TV menu. The Prime Video app is available to iTV customers with receiver models 2260 and 2952. The service will also be available in 2020 via the new DTV receiver that KPN launched in October.
News categories: KPN, Amazon Prime Video, Stijn Nuijten, Brett Ballbach, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Netherlands, OTT, Set Top Box
14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
Dec 2, 2019 – Roy Morgan research shows that over 14.5 million Australians now have access to some form of Pay TV/Subscription TV, up 8.2% on a year ago. The combined audience for these services is almost 70% of the Australian population.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
Six in ten UK households use streaming services
Nov 27, 2019 – Six in ten households (61%) in the UK currently watch streaming services, rising to more than three quarters (77%) of 18- to 34-year-olds. More than four in ten (41%) over-55s also signed up to at least one provider, according to research from uSwitch.com.
News categories: uSwitch, Dani Warner, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, UK
ProSiebenSat.1 selects AWS as primary cloud provider
Nov 27, 2019 – Amazon Web Services (AWS) (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced that ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE has selected AWS as its primary cloud provider. ProSiebenSat.1 is working with AWS to adopt cloud services within all parts of its broadcast and digital media businesses, production companies, and e-commerce platforms.
News categories: Amazon Web Services, ProSiebenSat.1, Andy Isherwood, Nick Thexton, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, OTT, Switzerland
Smart speaker market grows 55% year-on-year to 3Q 2019
Nov 26, 2019 – According to Strategy Analytics, Amazon shipped 10.5 million of its Echo smart speakers in Q3 2019 as the company stretched its lead over its closest rivals. The total market grew 55% year-on-year with 34.9 million units shipped.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, David Mercer, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware