Digital TV News: Amazon Alexa
LG kicks off global rollout of 2019 TV lineup
Mar 6, 2019 – LG has announced that its 2019 premium TV lineup featuring advanced OLED and NanoCell TVs has begun rolling out. With screen sizes up to 86", the TVs offer upgraded AI picture and sound quality thanks to the company’s α (Alpha) 9 Gen 2 intelligent processor and deep learning technology.
News categories: LG Electronics, Brian Kwon, Digital TV, Korea, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Roku devices can now interact with Amazon Alexa
Mar 5, 2019 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced that Roku devices are now compatible with Amazon Alexa-enabled devices through the new Roku skill for Alexa. Roku streaming player and Roku TV owners in the US can now control their Roku devices using Alexa.
News categories: Roku, Alexa, Ilya Asnis, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Smart speaker household access grows to 13% of internet users
Feb 20, 2019 – More than 13% of internet users surveyed across the Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, India, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States had access to a smart speaker in their households in November 2018 according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Fateha Begum, Maria Rua Aguete, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, India, Japan, Market Research, MWC19, Smart Home, UK, USA
35% of U.S. Smart Home owners use their devices as part of an ecosystem
Jan 31, 2019 – According to Parks Associates, 35% of smart home owners (8% of U.S. broadband households) use a smart home hub or app to control their smart home devices as part of an ecosystem, with smart speakers as the most prevalent controller.
News categories: Parks Associates, Dina Abdelrazik, Market Research, Smart Home, USA
Hisense shows ULED-powered 2019 product lineup at CES2019
Jan 7, 2019 – Hisense has revealed its 2019 product lineup at CES, debuting Android TV and Roku TV sets that expand Hisense's portfolio. Hisense is the fastest growing TV brand of the top 6 brands in the U.S. according to NPD Group.
News categories: Hisense, David Gold, CES, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
LG debuts world's first rollable OLED TV
Jan 7, 2019 – At CES 2019, LG is introducing the world's first rollable OLED TV. LG has created a TV with a display that uses a flexible screen technology that allows the screen to roll up and roll back out when needed.
News categories: LG Electronics, CES, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
ThinQ AI and α9 Gen 2 processor power 2019 LG TVs
Jan 3, 2019 – LG is introducing its latest flagship TVs with ThinQ AI at CES 2019. Powered by the company's second-generation α (Alpha) 9 Gen 2 intelligent processor and deep learning algorithm, the new models offer a higher level of AI picture and sound experience quality.
News categories: LG Electronics, CES, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
VIZIO expands Google Assistant voice control features of Smart TVs
Oct 9, 2018 – VIZIO has announced the introduction of expanded Google Assistant actions for VIZIO SmartCast TVs. Users will have the ability to use simple voice commands for input selection as well as pausing, resuming, stopping, fast-forwarding and rewinding content.
News categories: VIZIO, Bill Baxter, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, UX
Caavo introduces entertainment hub and voice-controlled remote
Oct 1, 2018 – Caavo has introduced Control Center, an entertainment hub and voice-controlled remote that unites everything connected to your TV. Control Center searches, discovers and manages your content across live TV, DVR, streaming services and web, all in one place.
News categories: Caavo, Andrew Einaudi, Digital TV, Smart Home, USA, UX
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum reveals LatAm key findings
- Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient