Digital TV News: Amazon Alexa
Hisense shows ULED-powered 2019 product lineup at CES2019
Jan 7, 2019 – Hisense has revealed its 2019 product lineup at CES, debuting Android TV and Roku TV sets that expand Hisense's portfolio. Hisense is the fastest growing TV brand of the top 6 brands in the U.S. according to NPD Group.
News categories: Hisense, David Gold, CES, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
LG debuts world's first rollable OLED TV
Jan 7, 2019 – At CES 2019, LG is introducing the world's first rollable OLED TV. LG has created a TV with a display that uses a flexible screen technology that allows the screen to roll up and roll back out when needed.
News categories: LG Electronics, CES, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
ThinQ AI and α9 Gen 2 processor power 2019 LG TVs
Jan 3, 2019 – LG is introducing its latest flagship TVs with ThinQ AI at CES 2019. Powered by the company's second-generation α (Alpha) 9 Gen 2 intelligent processor and deep learning algorithm, the new models offer a higher level of AI picture and sound experience quality.
News categories: LG Electronics, CES, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
VIZIO expands Google Assistant voice control features of Smart TVs
Oct 9, 2018 – VIZIO has announced the introduction of expanded Google Assistant actions for VIZIO SmartCast TVs. Users will have the ability to use simple voice commands for input selection as well as pausing, resuming, stopping, fast-forwarding and rewinding content.
News categories: VIZIO, Bill Baxter, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, UX
Caavo introduces entertainment hub and voice-controlled remote
Oct 1, 2018 – Caavo has introduced Control Center, an entertainment hub and voice-controlled remote that unites everything connected to your TV. Control Center searches, discovers and manages your content across live TV, DVR, streaming services and web, all in one place.
News categories: Caavo, Andrew Einaudi, Digital TV, Smart Home, USA, UX
Smart homes in Europe and North America reached 45 million in 2017
Sep 24, 2018 – According to a research report from Berg Insight, the number of smart homes in Europe and North America reached 45 million in 2017. The most advanced smart home market is North America, having an installed base of 22.3 million smart homes at the end of the year.
News categories: Berg Insight, Martin Bäckman, Europe, Market Research, Smart Home
Amazon introduces Echo Show with a bigger screen
Sep 20, 2018 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced the next generation of Echo Show: the all-new Echo Show has an immersive 10-inch HD display with crisp and bright visuals, a built-in smart home hub, and an upgraded speaker system that delivers powerful bass and stereo sound.
News categories: Amazon, Tom Taylor, Gaurav Sareen, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Tablet, USA, UX
DishTV launches Skill for Amazon Alexa in India
Aug 8, 2018 – Dish TV India has launched its skill for Amazon Alexa in India. The DishTV skill will help to users find programs and provide recommendations on programs, movies, sports and music. Once enabled, the skill allows users to interact with DishTV through voice commands.
News categories: Dish TV India, Amazon, Anil Dua, Dilip R.S., Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Ofcom releases 2018 UK Communications Market Report
Aug 2, 2018 – Most people in the UK are dependent on their digital devices, and need a constant connection to the internet, following a decade of digital transformation according to Ofcom’s Communications Market Report 2018.
News categories: Ofcom, Ian Macrae, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs