Digital TV News: Amazon Web Services
Insys Video integrates with AWS Elemental MediaTailor
Mar 2, 2020 – Insys Video Technologies has integrated its APIs with AWS Elemental MediaTailor. MediaTailor allows video providers to insert targeted advertising into their video streams without sacrificing broadcast-level quality-of-service.
News categories: Insys Video, AWS Elemental, Piotr Czekała, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
Dec 3, 2019 – Amazon Web Services (AWS) [NASDAQ: AMZN] has announced AWS Wavelength. Wavelength embeds AWS compute and storage services at the edge of telecommunications providers’ 5G networks, enabling developers to serve use-cases that require ultra-low latency.
News categories: Amazon Web Services, Matt Garman, 5G, Content Distribution, Worldwide
FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
Dec 3, 2019 – Amazon Web Services (AWS) [NASDAQ: AMZN] has announced that Fox (Nasdaq: FOXA, FOX) is to use AWS’s portfolio of services, infrastructure, and professional services organization to enable a new cloud-based media production and delivery platform.
News categories: Amazon Web Services, Fox Corp, Dr. Werner Vogels, Paul Cheesbrough, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
ProSiebenSat.1 selects AWS as primary cloud provider
Nov 27, 2019 – Amazon Web Services (AWS) (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced that ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE has selected AWS as its primary cloud provider. ProSiebenSat.1 is working with AWS to adopt cloud services within all parts of its broadcast and digital media businesses, production companies, and e-commerce platforms.
News categories: Amazon Web Services, ProSiebenSat.1, Andy Isherwood, Nick Thexton, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, OTT, Switzerland
Imagine taps AWS to power OTT Monetization Service
Sep 11, 2019 – Imagine Communications has announced that core functionality from its Targeted Delivery portfolio is now available as OTT Monetization Service, powered by AWS. Imagine is collaborating with MOBITV to incorporate content monetization.
News categories: Imagine Communications, Amazon Web Services, MOBITV, David Heppe, Khawaja Shams, Bill Routt, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Verimatrix integrates multi-DRM with the AWS SPEKE API
Aug 29, 2019 – Verimatrix (Paris:VMX) has announced interoperability between the Verimatrix Multi-DRM solution and the SPEKE API developed by AWS. Support for SPEKE eliminates the need for integrations between proprietary DRM APIs and encryptors from different vendors.
News categories: Verimatrix, Amazon Web Services, Nikolai Keychenko, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2019, Worldwide
Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
Jul 16, 2019 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has announced that as part of an initiative to transform the technology that powers its products and services, it has migrated its core National Television Audience Measurement processing to a cloud-based infrastructure.
News categories: Nielsen, AWS, Scott N. Brown, Stephen Orban, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Over 100 million monthly active users for ThinkAnalytics' cloud content discovery
Jul 9, 2019 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that its cloud-based personalized content discovery platform is the first in the industry to scale to over 100 million monthly active users in the cloud. Four of the firm’s OTT customers now have a combined user base that exceeds that number.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Peter Docherty, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Conversant uses Verimatrix Secure Cloud for multi-DRM security
Jun 18, 2019 – Verimatrix (Paris:INSD) has announced that Conversant is now hosting its Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) in the Verimatrix Secure Cloud. The cloud environment enables a SaaS model to more efficiently support harmonized rights management for multi-DRM video services.
News categories: Verimatrix, Conversant, Steve Oetegenn, Kong Wai, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Singapore
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform
- Sinclair Broadcast adopts Qligent Vision Compliance Monitoring and Analysis
- Comscore reports surge in U.S. in-home data usage
- Limelight adds serverless computing to its edge services platform
- Disney+ rolls out in Europe
- TV panel shipments decreased 3.5% M-o-M in February
- Connected TV landscape is shifting away from paid subscriptions
- Eros partners with NBCUniversal to launch Eros Now Prime
- Asia Pacific to add 45 million pay TV subscribers over next 5 years
- RDK now on more than 60 million devices
- Disney+ on UK Samsung Smart TVs from 24th March
- COVID-19 to have significant effect on the semiconductor market
- TV3 Group launches Go3 OTT service with Atende Software