Digital TV News: Amber
Corpus provides multiscreen OTT UX for Amber Smart TV
Jan 19, 2016 – Corpus Media Labs has been selected by Amber IT, Bangladesh to create the right user experience for its TV anywhere services in Bangladesh. The service will include live TV, subscription VOD (SVOD) and catch-up TV content, on a wide range of mobile devices.
News categories: Corpus Media Labs, Amber, Sachin Tummala, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, UX
GS Group announces new SiP-based HD set-top box
Sep 3, 2015 – GS Group has released an HDTV compliant set-top box under the General Satellite brand – GS B212 - for the Russian market. At the heart of the GS B212 is a multichip microprocessor – the GS Nanotech SiP Amber S2.
News categories: GS Group, Tricolor TV, Andrew Bezrukov, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
GS Group launches STB based on custom processor
Dec 1, 2014 – Russia's GS Group has announced the launch of a new set-top box (STB) to support the upgrade of Tricolor TV customers to high definition (HD). The GS B211 is based on a System-in-Package IC, SiP Amber S2, developed by sister company GS Nanotech.
News categories: GS Group, GS Nanotech, Tricolor TV, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Samsung Leads Consumers to a Life Made Simple at CES 2008, Unveils Breakthroughs in Digital Media Technology and Design
Jan 6, 2008 – Samsung Electronics opened the CES 2008 show unveiling its vision of a world of complete connectivity, one in which the boundaries to both rich content and beautiful design are gone and the result is a life made simple.
News categories: Samsung Electronics, Blu-ray, Camcorder, CES2020, DVD, HD-DVD, IPTV, Mobile, Smart Home, Smart TV, Tablet
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020