Digital TV News: American Tower
Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
Oct 28, 2020 – Broadcasters participating in the Phoenix Model Market launch of next-generation TV have announced the addition of an SFN, a move that will enhance reception for viewers and broaden the reach of broadcasters transmitting to NEXTGEN TV sets.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, David Folsom, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
Jul 29, 2020 – Public Media Group (PMG) has formed an alliance with American Tower to create a turnkey ATSC 3.0 SFN solution for TV stations. Both companies will build out the networks, while PMG will own, operate and manage the infrastructure.
News categories: Public Media Group, American Tower, Joe Chinnici, Steve Vondran, Rick Ducey, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Phoenix Model Market to add second transmission site and SFN broadcasts
Apr 4, 2019 – The Phoenix Model Market project will soon expand beyond a single Next-Gen TV transmission tower to include an additional Single Frequency Network (SFN) station, to help broadcasters evaluate the benefits of SFN transmissions.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
DISH trials ATSC 3.0 as part of Spectrum Co's Dallas SFN project
Apr 8, 2018 – DISH has trialed the transmission and reception of the ATSC 3.0 standard as part of Spectrum Consortium's 'Next Gen' deployment project in Dallas. Using its 700 MHz E Block spectrum, DISH deployed on Spectrum Co.'s Garland SFN site.
News categories: DISH Network, Tom Cullen, John Hane, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
ATSC 3.0 SFN to be deployed in Dallas DMA
Jan 17, 2018 – Sinclair (Nasdaq: SBGI), Nexstar (Nasdaq: NXST) and Univision have reached an agreement with American Tower (NYSE: AMT) to jointly construct and operate Single Frequency Network (SFN) sites to broadcast ATSC 3.0 signals in the Dallas area.
News categories: Sinclair, American Tower, Univision, Nexstar, Chris Ripley, Steven Marshall, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Implementation and Planning Guide for Transition to ATSC 3.0 released
Oct 12, 2016 – Station groups representing nearly 400 U.S. TV broadcasters and a host of broadcasting equipment and service suppliers are releasing a comprehensive planning guide for a transition to ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Pearl TV, GatesAir, American Tower, Anne Schelle, Rich Redmond, Peter Starke, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
ONE Media and TeamCast trial ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
Mar 22, 2016 – Experimental facilities covering the Washington D.C. and Baltimore, MD markets have began broadcasting using the first-ever ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network (SFN). ONE Media and TeamCast jointly developed, built and deployed the experimental SFN.
News categories: ONE Media, TeamCast, Kevin Gage, Eric Pinson, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic