Digital TV News: Analysys Mason
Telco revenue in developed markets to fall 3.4% due to COVID-19
Apr 15, 2020 – COVID-19 will lead to a strong decline in telecoms revenue. Revenue for telecoms operators will fall by 3.4% in 2020 compared to 2019, before returning to growth (0.8%) in 2021, according to a report published by Analysys Mason.
News categories: Analysys Mason, Stephen Sale, Rupert Wood, COVID-19, Market Research
Operators experiencing up to 100% YoY mobile video growth
Feb 26, 2019 – Research from Openwave Mobility has found that over the past five years, video on mobile networks has grown on average 50-60% year-on-year (YoY), while in many developing markets, the rate is more than twice this.
News categories: Openwave Mobility, Enea, Matt Halligan, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, MWC20, OTT, Worldwide
2019 predictions from Openwave Mobility
Dec 13, 2018 – Openwave Mobility has released its predictions for 2019. These predictions are based on some of the findings from the Mobile Video Industry Council - which includes Tier 1 mobile operators alongside key industry analysts.
News categories: Openwave Mobility, Mobile Video Industry Council, John Giere, Matt Halligan, Indranil Chatterjee, Aman Brar, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Mobile Video Index: Facebook Video is poised to overtake YouTube
Feb 26, 2018 – Openwave Mobility has released the latest findings from its Mobile Video Index (MVI). The study found that while YouTube remains the most popular for mobile video, Facebook is rapidly closing the gap in some markets – and has even overtaken YouTube in others.
News categories: Openwave Mobility, Analysys Mason, Indranil Chatterjee, Gorkem Yigit, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Liberty Global selects UXP Systems to power digital identities in Europe
Nov 10, 2016 – UXP Systems has announced that Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK, LILA and LILAK) has selected UXP Systems’ User Lifecycle Management platform to deliver personalized access to existing, cloud, OTT and connected life services across its pan-European operations.
News categories: UXP Systems, Liberty Global, Veenod Kurup, Ash Kumar, Advertising, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe
Türk Telekom adds 76,000 Tivibu TV subscribers in 2Q 2016
Jul 26, 2016 – Türk Telekom has announced its results for the second quarter of 2016. Subscribers to the company's Tivibu Home IPTV and DTH TV services increased by 76,000 in the quarter to finish at 544,000.
News categories: Türk Telekom, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Turkey
Jungo Embraces the Connected Home with Remote Management Solution for Gateways and STBs
Mar 21, 2011 – Jungo has launched Panorama, its next generation remote management system for DSL, Cable and Fiber service providers. Panorama is fully integrated with NDS set-top box software and has already been selected by several operators.
News categories: Jungo, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Triple-play operators must overcome content and branding hurdles, says Analysys Mason
Jul 24, 2008 – The triple-play (voice, Internet and pay TV) market is not reaching its full potential. Content and branding issues are hampering operator strategies to increase customer numbers, according to the latest report by Analysys Mason.
News categories: Analysys Mason, Broadband, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, IPTV, Ireland, Italy, Market Research, Norway, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden, UK
3G iPhone Set to Make Significant Impact on Mobile TV Market, Says Analysys Mason
Jun 6, 2008 – With the imminent launch of its 3G iPhone, Apple has a window of opportunity to have a significant impact on the mobile TV market, according to the latest report from Analysys Mason.
News categories: Analysys Mason, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
- Global TV panel shipments decline 8.4% YoY in 1H20
- Linear TV remains dominant form of television viewership in 2019