Digital TV News: Android
Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
Jul 2, 2020 – Vewd has launched Broadcast Plus, a solution that offers smart TV manufacturers an easy-to-deploy, certification-ready broadcaster user experience for both live TV and on-demand content.
News categories: Vewd, Sascha Prüter, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
Jun 30, 2020 – Eros Now (NYSE: EROS) has announced a partnership with Dish TV. As part of the association, Dish TV & D2H users can access Eros Now's massive content library through their Android STBs – Dish SMRT Hub and D2H Stream.
News categories: Eros Now, Dish TV India, Ali Hussein, Anil Dua, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box
Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
Jun 29, 2020 – Consolidated Communications (NASDAQ: CNSL) has introduced CCiTV to customers in its Texas service areas. CCiTV is a cloud-enabled TV experience that supports individual preferences, parental controls and viewing recommendations.
News categories: Consolidated Communications, Rob Koester, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Broadpeak video delivery added to 3SS entertainment ecosystem
Jun 25, 2020 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that Broadpeak is bringing its video delivery software solutions, including its server-side controlled ABR streaming solution, to 3SS's 3READY Entertainment Ecosystem.
News categories: 3SS, Broadpeak, Pierre Donath, Jacques Le Mancq, Android TV, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Cinedigm launching nine streaming networks on FreeCast’s SelectTV
Jun 24, 2020 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has announced a partnership with North American OTT streaming company FreeCast to bring nine of Cinedigm’s popular streaming networks to FreeCast's streaming service SelectTV.
News categories: Cinedigm, FreeCast, Erick Opeka, Tracy West, Digital TV, North America, OTT
CBS News expands distribution to app stores in 89 countries
Jun 23, 2020 – The CBS News app has expanded distribution to app stores in 89 countries outside the U.S., including on Amazon Fire TV, Google devices, LG Smart TVs and more, as well as VIZIO SmartCast in the U.S. and Canada.
News categories: CBS News, Christy Tanner, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Peacock to be available on Google platforms at launch
Jun 23, 2020 – Peacock has announced that it will be available on Google platforms and devices including Android, Android TV devices, Chromecast and Chromecast built-in devices on July 15, 2020.
News categories: Peacock, NBCUniversal, Google, Maggie McLean Suniewick, Matt Bond, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Voice Assistants, Operating Systems to disrupt consumer ecosystem
Jun 18, 2020 – As connected tech adoption continues to increase among U.S. households, operating systems (iOS, Android) and the accompanying voice assistants are becoming increasingly important to consumers, according to The NPD Group.
News categories: NPD Group, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
NAGRA secures TBC Android TV STB 4K service in Taiwan
Jun 17, 2020 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Taiwan Broadband Communications (TBC) has selected NAGRA to secure its new Android TV 4K Ultra HD pay-TV service integrated with the Realtek system-on-chip (SoC) solution.
News categories: NAGRA, Taiwan Broadband Communications, Realtek, Stéphane Le Dreau, Jimmy Chen, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Taiwan
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers