Digital TV News: Apple Inc
Global OTT revenues to grow at 14.5% pa from 2016 to 2026
Nov 18, 2016 – According to a report from Future Market Insights, the global OTT content market was valued at US$ 47.7 Bn in 2015 and is expected to reach a market valuation of US$ 53.2 Bn by the end of 2016.
News categories: Future Market Insights, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
4K STB market to be worth $3.65 billion by 2024
Apr 25, 2016 – The global 4K Set Top Box (STB) market size is expected to reach USD 3.65 billion by 2024, according to Grand View Research. IPTV UHD STBs are anticipated to witness significant growth over the next eight years.
News categories: Grand View Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MPEG LA expands HEVC license coverage
Mar 19, 2015 – MPEG LA has announced that the coverage of its HEVC Patent Portfolio License has been updated to conform with recent revisions to the HEVC standard as defined in Recommendation ITU-T H.265 v2 (10/2014).
News categories: MPEG LA, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
OpenTV and Nagravision file patent suit against Apple
Apr 9, 2014 – The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its OpenTV and Nagravision subsidiaries have filed a patent infringement suit against Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California.
News categories: Kudelski, Apple Inc, Middleware, Patent, Worldwide
The End of Set-Top Box Domination Looms as Multiscreen Pay-TV Operators Shift to PCs, Smartphones and Tablets
Jul 10, 2012 – In 2015, 49% of all devices obtaining TV services from 43 of the largest global pay-TV operators that have commenced deployment of multiscreen services will be PCs, smartphones, tablets and other so-called multiscreen devices, according to IHS Screen Digest.
News categories: Screen Digest, Cable TV, Digital TV, Games Console, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere
Emblaze claims patent fees for use of MPEG-DASH
Jun 12, 2012 – Emblaze (LSE: BLZ) has recently filed a Patent Statement & Licensing Declaration with ISO and the IEC stating that MPEG-DASH incorporates Emblaze's patented streaming technology and, therefore, the use of this technology is subject to a license from Emblaze.
News categories: Emblaze, Licensing, OTT, Patent
Global DRM Market to Reach US$2.5 Billion by 2017
Nov 21, 2011 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a report on the Digital Rights Management (DRM) market. Media & Entertainment DRM is the fastest growing segment, with revenue growing at a CAGR of about 15.3% over the analysis period.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Content Protection, DRM, Market Research
Shipments of Internet-Enabled Consumer Devices to Exceed PCs in 2013
Aug 9, 2011 – Shipments of internet-enabled consumer electronics devices will soar to exceed those of the traditional platform used for accessing the Internet--the PC--for the first time in 2013, according to a new IHS iSuppli (NYSE: IHS) report.
News categories: iSuppli, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
Consumer Electronics Market Boosted by Connected Home Products in 2011
Jan 25, 2011 – Global unit shipments of CE products will climb 2.6 percent in 2010, partly driven by rising sales of products that play a role in the connected home and that focus on usability - rather than technological wizardry, according to IHS iSuppli.
News categories: iSuppli, Blu-ray, Camcorder, Digital TV, DVD, Games Console, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
- 52% of U.S. Smart Speaker owners are controlling TV with voice
- TV sets still dominate video entertainment consumption
- MENA SVOD revenues to triple
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020