Digital TV News: Arabsat
Arabsat 6A successfully launched
Apr 12, 2019 – Arabsat 6A has been successfully launched from Cape Canaveral in Florida on a Falcon-Heavy rocket. The satellite, manufactured by Lockheed Martin, is to be placed in the exclusive orbit of Arabsat at 30.5 degrees East.
News categories: Arabsat, Khaled bin Ahmed Balkheyour, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
Hellas Sat 4 successfully launched
Feb 7, 2019 – Hellas Sat has announced that the Hellas Sat 4 has been successfully launched. Hellas Sat 4 is a Ku-band satellite that will be positioned at 39°E to provide coverage over Europe, the Middle East and Southern Africa. The satellite is expected to commence service in Q3 2019.
News categories: Hellas Sat, Christodoulos Protopapas, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite
Arabsat announces FTA DVB-S2 platform on BADR-4
Jul 10, 2017 – Arabsat has announced the launch of its Free-To-Air DVB-S2 platform to carry premium and popular HD international channels, broadcast as Free-to-Air across the Middle East, North Africa & Europe via BADR-4.
News categories: Arabsat, Khalid Balkheyour, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Middle-East, Satellite
Arianespace to launch Hellas Sat 3 and GSAT-17 on June 28
Jun 22, 2017 – For its seventh launch of the year, and the fourth Ariane 5 mission in 2017 from the Guiana Space Center in French Guiana, Arianespace will orbit two payloads: Hellas Sat 3-Inmarsat S EAN and GSAT-17 for the Indian space agency ISRO.
News categories: Arianespace, Hellas Sat, ISRO, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, India, Middle-East, Satellite, South Africa
Arabsat and ONT launch Tunisian platform on Badr-4 at 26°E
Feb 16, 2017 – Arabsat and ONT have announced the signing of an agreement to launch a Tunisian broadcast platform on Arabsat Badr-4 at 26°E. The platform will start operation by end of Q2, 2017.
News categories: Arabsat, Office National de la Télédiffusion, Khalid Balkheyour, Dhaker Baccouch, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Tunisia
854 FTA satellite channels in the MENA region
Aug 7, 2016 – According to Arab Advisors, the number of FTA satellite channels in the Arab World was 854 in May 2016. The channels are broadcast on Arabsat, Nilesat, Noorsat and Yahlive. The majority are in SD, with 2.1% broadcasting in High Definition.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Noor Al Asmar, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite
Arianespace orbits Arabsat-6B and GSAT-15
Nov 11, 2015 – Arianespace has successfully launched two satellites: Arabsat-6B (BADR-7) for the operator Arabsat, and GSAT-15 for ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation). The company's tenth launch of the year took place on November 10 in Kourou, French Guiana.
News categories: Arianespace, Arabsat, ISRO, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Middle-East, Satellite
ARABSAT and EMC announce triple play over satellite joint venture
Sep 8, 2015 – ARABSAT and EMC have announced a joint venture to launch TRIO, the first real triple play service over satellite in the world. The TRIO platform is built using SATLink technology from EMC with the soon-to-be launched ARABSAT Badr-7 satellite at the MENA hotspot of 26°E.
News categories: ARABSAT, EMC, TRIO, Khalid Balkheyour, Abel Avellan, Santiago Rossi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
Arabsat TV launches OTT service with Globecast
Apr 28, 2015 – Globecast and Arabsat have announced the launch of Arabsat TV Everywhere, a multiscreen OTT TV service with live streams of Arabic channels. Arabsat TV Everywhere is available to watch free from almost anywhere in the world.
News categories: Globecast, Arabsat, Giorgio Giacomini, Khalid Balkheyour, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Video Exchange, Worldwide
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service