Digital TV News: Armstrong
Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
Sep 28, 2020 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) has announced that Armstrong has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) alongside the recent incorporation of the TiVo platform into its STBs.
News categories: Verimatrix, Armstrong, Asaf Ashkenazi, Mike Giobbi, Chris Mley, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
Jan 14, 2020 – Vidgo has launched an OTT service powered by a live streaming platform from Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT). The service boasts more than 100 premium channels including ABC, Comedy Central, ESPN, Fox, and the NFL Network as well as a Latino package for Spanish-speaking viewers.
News categories: Harmonic, Vidgo, Eric Armstrong, Shane Cannon, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Armstrong to transition to IPTV with TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform
Apr 29, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Armstrong has chosen TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform to bring entertainment to its subscribers. Armstrong provides communications services in Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Maryland.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Armstrong, Jeffrey Glahn, Jeff Ross, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Espial and Harmonic partner to provide complete end-to-end TVaaS
Jul 31, 2018 – Espial has announced a partnership with Harmonic. As part of the deal, Espial’s Elevate SaaS video platform will integrate Harmonic’s VOS 360 media processing SaaS, providing MVPDs with an end-to-end solution for IP and OTT services.
News categories: Espial, Harmonic, Jaison Dolvane, Eric Armstrong, Rich Fickle, Gary Shorman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Twitter announces over 30 premium video content deals
Apr 30, 2018 – Twitter has returned to the Digital Content NewFronts with an expanded slate of live and original video programming. Over 30 new collaborations and renewals were announced across entertainment, news, sports, gaming and beyond.
News categories: Twitter, Matthew Derella, Kay Madati, Digital TV, OTT, Social TV, USA
Armstrong offers Netflix 4K UHD to its EXP customers
Dec 18, 2017 – Armstrong has announced the availability of Netflix 4K UHD programming on EXP. Integrated through the EXP platform, Armstrong customers can seamlessly browse and access Netflix’s entire 4K UHD library.
News categories: Armstrong, Arris, Jeffrey A. Ross, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
SES and Armstrong initiate Ultra HD trial
Jul 20, 2015 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that it has initiated the first-ever live and linear Ultra HD (UHD) trial with cable MSO Armstrong. The trial combines satellite broadcasting with the multicast capabilities of DOCSIS 3.0.
News categories: SES S.A, Armstrong, Steve Corda, Mike Giobbi, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Satellite, USA
Rovi Guide in more than half a million DTAs
Sep 23, 2014 – Rovi (NASDAQ:ROVI) has announced the deployment of its guides on over half a million digital terminal adapters. Rovi is now providing its programme guide to cable households throughout the U.S. and Latin America.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Armstrong, Omar Javaid, Dave Whittmann, Argentina, Cable TV, Digital TV, Latin America, Middleware, SCTE•ISBE, Set Top Box, USA
Armstrong Utilities selects TiVo television solution
Sep 9, 2014 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and Armstrong Utilities have announced that Armstrong has selected TiVo for delivery of a multi-screen, seamlessly-combined linear, recorded, over the top, and video on demand TV experience.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Armstrong, Jeff Ross, Thomas Elam, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service
- MCTV selects MOBITV for advanced TV services
- Wiztivi's UI product now RDK compatible
- HbbTV 2.0.3 specification published
- Humax introduces RDK-based voice assistant set-top box
- RDK4 software stack for video service providers released
- Jump and Float Left offer data-driven solution for OTT personalization
- TV5MONDEplus launches globally with Red Bee and Dotscreen
- Netflix loses subscribers in Sweden
- Comscore announces advancements in cross-screen media measurement
- Spain's video entertainment market to grow to €4.5 Billion by 2024
- izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
- Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020