Digital TV News: Arris
Armstrong offers Netflix 4K UHD to its EXP customers
Dec 18, 2017 – Armstrong has announced the availability of Netflix 4K UHD programming on EXP. Integrated through the EXP platform, Armstrong customers can seamlessly browse and access Netflix’s entire 4K UHD library.
News categories: Armstrong, Arris, Jeffrey A. Ross, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Frontier Communications signs up to Energy-Efficiency Voluntary Agreements
Nov 27, 2017 – Frontier Communications has joined as a signatory of two voluntary agreements to continue the ongoing improvement of the energy efficiency of its set-top boxes, as well as modems and routers used for broadband Internet services.
News categories: Frontier Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Multimedia Polska streamlines content security with ARRIS upgrade
Sep 15, 2017 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has completed a strategic upgrade of content security for Multimedia Polska (MMP), as part of the operator's Video 3 architecture plan – a network upgrade project to streamline video delivery.
News categories: ARRIS International, Multimedia Polska, JP Heron, Bartlomiej Kasinski, Jerzy Zieliński, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Poland, Set Top Box
Altice strengthens partnership with ARRIS for video in the US and Europe
Sep 15, 2017 – Altice has expanded its partnership with ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to deploy 4K HDR set-tops across its global footprint, in the US and Europe, starting in 2018. Altice-owned Portugal Telecom has selected ARRIS set-tops to deliver its MEO 4K TV service across Portugal.
News categories: ARRIS International, Altice, Larry Robinson, Bruno Zebib, Digital TV, IPTV, Portugal, Set Top Box
NAGRA claims top spot in Conditional Access market
Sep 13, 2017 – 2016 was a pivotal year for the content security industry. While global Conditional Access (CA) spend fell imperceptibly – from $1.97 billion to $1.92 billion – the market’s most volatile change took the form of competitive re-alignment, according to IHS Markit.
News categories: IHS Markit, Merrick Kingston, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
ARRIS debuts UHD HDR STBs with Android TV at IBC 2017
Sep 13, 2017 – At IBC, ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) will unveil a portfolio of UHD HDR set-tops with Android TV along with professional services to help simplify and accelerate the launch of Android-based TV services for operators around the world.
News categories: ARRIS International, Larry Robinson, Android TV, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Global set-top box market to top $46bn by 2027
Aug 14, 2017 – The set-top box market is anticipated to witness robust growth during 2017-2027. According to Future Market Insights, the APEJ set-top box market is expected to have the highest growth rate over the period.
News categories: Future Market Insights, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Service Electric Cable TV selects TiVo Gateway DVR solution
Aug 2, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ:TIVO) and Service Electric Cable TV, serving eastern Pennsylvania and western New Jersey, have announced that the companies will bring entertainment to Service Electric customers using the latest TiVo Gateway DVR solution.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Service Electric, Michael Hawkey, John M. Walson, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Espial introduces Elevate IPTV SaaS platform
Jul 24, 2017 – Espial has announced the availability of Elevate IPTV a multi-tenant, software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution. Elevate IPTV can help operators launch new live, video-on-demand, OTT and whole-home DVR services as quickly as within 90 days.
News categories: Espial, Mick McCluskey, Rob Folk, Content Distribution, Digital TV, North America, OTT, Worldwide
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic