Digital TV News: Astrium
Express-AM7 satellite due for launch on March 19th
Feb 24, 2015 – Russian Satellite Communications Company (RSCC) has announced that its Express-AM7 satellite has been delivered to Baikonur. The launch of a Proton-M/Breeze-M with the satellite on board is scheduled for March 19, 2015.
News categories: RSCC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite
Astra 2E satellite slated for launch on September 30
Sep 27, 2013 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that the ASTRA 2E satellite is scheduled for launch on board an ILS Proton launch vehicle from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan on September 30th, 2013.
News categories: SES S.A, Content Distribution, Europe, Satellite
24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
May 15, 2013 – The results of a survey produced by Eutelsat and Ipsos on TV reception modes and trends in Russia has shown that of the 53 million TV homes in Russia, 24% are equipped for Direct-to-Home satellite reception, making satellite the country's leading platform for digital television.
News categories: Eutelsat, RSCC, Ipsos, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite
SES Successfully Launches ASTRA 2F Satellite
Oct 1, 2012 – SES (Paris:SESG)(LuxX:SESG) has announced that its new ASTRA 2F satellite was successfully launched on Friday, 28 September, on board an Ariane 5 rocket from Kourou, French Guiana. This is SES' 36th successful launch on Ariane.
News categories: SES S.A, Ariane, Content Distribution, Ireland, Satellite, UK
Eutelsat ATLANTIC BIRD™ 7 Satellite Goes Live
Oct 24, 2011 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced the entry into commercial service of its ATLANTIC BIRD™ 7 satellite. The transfer of all television channels onto ATLANTIC BIRD™ 7 at 7 degrees West from the ATLANTIC BIRD™ 4A satellite was completed on October 23.
News categories: Eutelsat, Content Distribution, Middle-East, Satellite
New SES Satellite ASTRA 1N Operational
Oct 24, 2011 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that its new ASTRA 1N satellite has entered commercial service at the orbital position of 28.2 degrees East. ASTRA 1N is notably being used by Channel 4 and ITV.
News categories: SES S.A., Content Distribution, Satellite, UK
UAE grants Al Maisan Satellite Communications a DTH Services License
Aug 10, 2011 – The UAE Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) has awarded Al Maisan Satellite Communications Company (YahLive) a ten-year satellite services license for Broadcasting Satellite Transmission of Services.
News categories: Yahsat, Telecommunications Regulatory Authority, Digital TV, Regulation, Satellite, UAE
ASTRA 1N Roars into Space on Board Ariane 5
Aug 7, 2011 – SES (Paris, LuxX: SESG) has announced that its new ASTRA 1N satellite has been successfully launched on board an Ariane 5 rocket from Kourou, French Guiana, on August 6th at 19:52 pm local time (0:52 am Central European Summer Time on August 7th).
News categories: SES S.A., Europe, Satellite
Launch Of ASTRA 1N Satellite Postponed Until Late July
Jul 4, 2011 – SES (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that the launch of its new ASTRA 1N satellite has been postponed due to an anomaly that occurred during the final launch count-down on July 1st, 2011.
News categories: SES S.A., Content Distribution, France, Germany, Satellite, Spain
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- BritBox unveils partners in run up to launch
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
- Limited reach of Apple TV+ and Disney+ hinders services’ adoption
- Advanced TV solutions are changing local market advertising
- Tru Optik to launch free tool to support TV privacy
- Australia's Network 10 and You.i announce app partnership
- Mirriad announces in-video ad partnership with Tencent
- Salzburg AG launches 'TV Plus' IPTV with Ocilion
- Successful launch of EUTELSAT 5 West B
- Immersive Digital Experiences Alliance releases 1st set of specifications
- Orange France launches Livebox 5 gateway