Digital TV News: Astro Malaysia
Astro Malaysia adopts Broadpeak's multicast ABR technology
Jun 18, 2019 – Broadpeak is working with Astro Malaysia to strengthen the latter's OTT video delivery service through its multicast ABR solution. Astro is using the solution to distribute 20 MPEG-DASH live channels to Android TVs and iOS and Android tablets and smartphones.
News categories: Broadpeak, Astro, Jacques Le Mancq, Shahrul Imran Sultan, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT
IQIYI reaches content distribution agreement with Astro Malaysia
Jun 17, 2019 – iQIYI (NASDAQ: IQ) has announced that it has reached a content distribution agreement with Astro Malaysia. iQIYI will launch an iQIYI content channel under the partnership, bringing exciting and high-quality content to Malaysia through Astro's platform.
News categories: IQIYI, Astro, Yang Xianghua, Henry Tan, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT, Satellite
Astro partners with Synamedia for new video services
Apr 24, 2019 – Synamedia has announced a partnership with and Astro Malaysia. Synamedia’s cloud-based Infinite video platform will enable Astro to secure, distribute and monetize video experiences across all screens while deepening viewer engagement.
News categories: Synamedia, Astro, Yves Padrines, Henry Tan, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT, Satellite, TV Everywhere, UX
Astro Malaysia bundles broadband with content in Melaka
Jan 8, 2019 – Residents of Jasin, Melaka are now able to enjoy Astro Malaysia's bundled broadband with content offering. The product is part of the company’s support for the Government’s National Fiberisation and Connectivity Plan (NFCP).
News categories: Astro Malaysia, Henry Tan, Broadband, Digital TV, Malaysia
Tribe achieves 1 million downloads in Indonesia and the Philippines
Mar 24, 2017 – Tribe, the Astro Malaysia owned online video streaming service, is celebrating its first anniversary with a new milestone - 1 million downloads across Indonesia and the Philippines, an impressive feat amidst fierce competition in the video OTT space.
News categories: Tribe, Astro Malaysia, Iskandar Samad, Apps, Digital TV, Indonesia, Market Research, OTT, Philippines
GLOBE to offer ASTRO's Tribe OTT in the Philippines
Apr 28, 2016 – Astro Malaysia and GLOBE Telecom have agreed to work together to offer Tribe over-the-top (OTT) video services in the Philippines. Both parties will also collaborate on content opportunities.
News categories: GLOBE Telecom, Astro Malaysia, Albert de Larrazabal, Digital TV, OTT, Philippines
Astro launches Tribe OTT video service in Indonesia
Mar 18, 2016 – Astro Malaysia has announced the launch of Tribe, a differentiated OTT video service for the region. Astro partnered with Axiata Digital Services for the first launch of the service, in Indonesia.
News categories: Astro Malaysia, Tribe, Axiata Digital Services, Dato' Rohana Rozhan, Iskandar Samad, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT
Astro selects Thomson for DTH, IPTV and OTT expansion
Mar 24, 2015 – Malaysia's Astro has chosen a suite of Thomson Video Networks encoding and video processing solutions for the compression platform that will enable it to deliver additional channels for its future business expansion.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, Astro, Tony Berthaud, Poh Kee Seng, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Malaysia, OTT, Satellite
Irdeto multi-screen solution selected for Astro On-the-Go
Jun 19, 2012 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that Astro has selected the company's patented Broadband multi-screen TV services and ActiveCloak™ for Media solutions to launch Astro On-the-Go (OTG), a new over-the-top (OTT) service for connected devices.
News categories: Irdeto, Astro, ConnecTechAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Malaysia, OTT
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV