Digital TV News: Astro Malaysia
Astro Malaysia adopts Broadpeak's multicast ABR technology
Jun 18, 2019 – Broadpeak is working with Astro Malaysia to strengthen the latter's OTT video delivery service through its multicast ABR solution. Astro is using the solution to distribute 20 MPEG-DASH live channels to Android TVs and iOS and Android tablets and smartphones.
News categories: Broadpeak, Astro, Jacques Le Mancq, Shahrul Imran Sultan, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT
IQIYI reaches content distribution agreement with Astro Malaysia
Jun 17, 2019 – iQIYI (NASDAQ: IQ) has announced that it has reached a content distribution agreement with Astro Malaysia. iQIYI will launch an iQIYI content channel under the partnership, bringing exciting and high-quality content to Malaysia through Astro's platform.
News categories: IQIYI, Astro, Yang Xianghua, Henry Tan, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT, Satellite
Astro partners with Synamedia for new video services
Apr 24, 2019 – Synamedia has announced a partnership with and Astro Malaysia. Synamedia’s cloud-based Infinite video platform will enable Astro to secure, distribute and monetize video experiences across all screens while deepening viewer engagement.
News categories: Synamedia, Astro, Yves Padrines, Henry Tan, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT, Satellite, TV Everywhere, UX
Astro Malaysia bundles broadband with content in Melaka
Jan 8, 2019 – Residents of Jasin, Melaka are now able to enjoy Astro Malaysia's bundled broadband with content offering. The product is part of the company’s support for the Government’s National Fiberisation and Connectivity Plan (NFCP).
News categories: Astro Malaysia, Henry Tan, Broadband, Digital TV, Malaysia
Tribe achieves 1 million downloads in Indonesia and the Philippines
Mar 24, 2017 – Tribe, the Astro Malaysia owned online video streaming service, is celebrating its first anniversary with a new milestone - 1 million downloads across Indonesia and the Philippines, an impressive feat amidst fierce competition in the video OTT space.
News categories: Tribe, Astro Malaysia, Iskandar Samad, Apps, Digital TV, Indonesia, Market Research, OTT, Philippines
GLOBE to offer ASTRO's Tribe OTT in the Philippines
Apr 28, 2016 – Astro Malaysia and GLOBE Telecom have agreed to work together to offer Tribe over-the-top (OTT) video services in the Philippines. Both parties will also collaborate on content opportunities.
News categories: GLOBE Telecom, Astro Malaysia, Albert de Larrazabal, Digital TV, OTT, Philippines
Astro launches Tribe OTT video service in Indonesia
Mar 18, 2016 – Astro Malaysia has announced the launch of Tribe, a differentiated OTT video service for the region. Astro partnered with Axiata Digital Services for the first launch of the service, in Indonesia.
News categories: Astro Malaysia, Tribe, Axiata Digital Services, Dato' Rohana Rozhan, Iskandar Samad, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT
Astro selects Thomson for DTH, IPTV and OTT expansion
Mar 24, 2015 – Malaysia's Astro has chosen a suite of Thomson Video Networks encoding and video processing solutions for the compression platform that will enable it to deliver additional channels for its future business expansion.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, Astro, Tony Berthaud, Poh Kee Seng, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Malaysia, OTT, Satellite
Irdeto multi-screen solution selected for Astro On-the-Go
Jun 19, 2012 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that Astro has selected the company's patented Broadband multi-screen TV services and ActiveCloak™ for Media solutions to launch Astro On-the-Go (OTG), a new over-the-top (OTT) service for connected devices.
News categories: Irdeto, Astro, ConnecTechAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Malaysia, OTT
- NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
- Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
- Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
- VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
- FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
- Zappware enables WIND VISION on PCs in Greece
- InterDigital and Futuresource release video sustainability report
- Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia