Digital TV News: Atlantic Broadband
Atlantic Broadband acquires Thames Valley Communications
Jan 10, 2020 – Atlantic Broadband has signed an agreement to purchase Thames Valley Communications, a broadband services company operating in Southeastern Connecticut. Upon closing, Atlantic Broadband will add approximately 10,000 customers to its operations.
News categories: Atlantic Broadband, Thames Valley Communications, Frank van der Post, Bill Pearson, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA, USA
Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
Dec 5, 2019 – Atlantic Broadband has announced that it has partnered with TiVo to deliver the Prime Video app to select TiVo devices. Atlantic Broadband was among the first multi-system cable operators in the U.S. to launch a TiVo gateway in 2013.
News categories: Atlantic Broadband, TiVo, Amazon Prime Video, Heather McCallion, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
Nov 13, 2019 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. – representing about 93% of the market – lost about 1,740,000 net video subscribers in 3Q 2019, compared to a pro forma net loss of about 975,000 subscribers in 3Q 2018.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
Aug 12, 2019 – According to the Leichtman Research Group (LRG), the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 1,530,000 net video subscribers in 2Q 2019, compared to a pro forma net loss of about 420,000 subscribers in 2Q 2018.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Atlantic Broadband granted franchise for King William County, Virginia
Jul 30, 2019 – Atlantic Broadband has been awarded a 15-year franchise to provide video services in King William County. Atlantic Broadband will rebuild and extend the cable infrastructure in King William County, which will also allow it to provide high speed internet and phone.
News categories: Atlantic Broadband, Virginia Cable Telecommunications Association, Scott Randall, Ray LaMura, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
Atlantic Broadband brings new TiVo experience to Low Country area of South Carolina
Apr 17, 2019 – Atlantic Broadband has announced that it has launched TiVo's Unified Entertainment System in the Low Country area of South Carolina. The platform features a modern user interface, personalized viewing recommendations and a voice remote.
News categories: Atlantic Broadband, TiVo Corp, Heather McCallion, Debbie Eblen, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Atlantic Broadband adds Alexa functionality to its TiVo-powered video platform
Mar 6, 2019 – Atlantic Broadband has announced that Amazon Alexa voice control functionality is now available through its TiVo-powered video platform. With the enhancement, customer can issue hands-free voice commands without the need for a remote control.
News categories: Atlantic Broadband, TiVo Corp, Alexa, Heather McCallion, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA, UX
Atlantic Broadband acquires cable system in Springfield, WV from Comcast
Feb 20, 2019 – Atlantic Broadband has completed the acquisition of the cable system serving Springfield, West Virginia from Comcast. Atlantic Broadband will integrate the cable system into its existing infrastructure in Hampshire County, West Virginia.
News categories: Atlantic Broadband, Curt Kosko, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, USA
Atlantic Broadband launches TiVo UX with VOD by SeaChange
Jul 30, 2018 – Atlantic Broadband has announced that it has launched the new TiVo Experience 4 combined with IP-based Video On Demand (VOD). In conjunction with the launch, the company has introduced an IP-based VOD platform powered by SeaChange.
News categories: Seachange, Atlantic Broadband, TiVo, Mark Tubinis, Heather McCallion, Michael Hawkey, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
- Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
- Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
- SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
- U.S. digital media entertainment spending up 8.4% in 2019